Subject: "Not wanting to derail Torak's thread - Reponse to Nnaeshuk" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #38638
Show all folders

BaronMySoul (inactive user)Mon 27-Jun-11 07:47 AM
Charter member
#38638, "Not wanting to derail Torak's thread - Reponse to Nnaeshuk"

Look, I realize y'all imms have a problem with me because I want to do something you don't want me to do, but please read this and really examine what it is that you do here.

Torak came up with something really damn cool. As a fan of the game, he has spent time both playing your game and contributing to the community as a whole. In response to a really great idea that the playerbase would use and enjoy, one of the first things that come out from the staff is, "Well, it'll ruin the game because we (the staff) won't be able to police it."

I really feel like it's been this attitude that has held CF back. There has to come a point when you have to let the fans be responsible for themselves. If info gets out, it gets out. Yes, we know the imms opinion on these matters and we try our best to police ourselves to some degree. However, your Kafkaesque administration techniques have caused quite a few players to quit out of frustration over the years. If players are going to log on just to check if gear is in, then that's on them. You cannot control that and the existence of a new item list isn't going to change their behavior. It's not going to corrupt individuals who were previously uncorrupted.

Bottom line, Torak's item db is not going to ruin CF. Just trust that he's going to do an awesome job and, as he *already noted*, he's not going to be including area explore items and such. Stop trying to #### on yet another player's positive contributions and enthusiasm with your apocalyptic doomsaying.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNot wanting to derail Torak's thread - Reponse to Nnaes... [View all] , BaronMySoul (inactive user), Mon 27-Jun-11 07:47 AM
Reply Quite a few players have quit. Not the whole playerbas..., Stevers, 27-Jun-11 10:35 AM, #3
Reply Agreed, but, BaronMySoul (Anonymous), 27-Jun-11 01:23 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Agreed, but, Daevryn, 27-Jun-11 01:27 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Agreed, but, Scarabaeus, 27-Jun-11 03:08 PM, #8
          Reply RE: Agreed, but, BaronMySoul (Anonymous), 27-Jun-11 04:21 PM, #10
               Reply RE: Agreed, but, Daevryn, 27-Jun-11 04:32 PM, #11
               Reply RE: Agreed, but, Scarabaeus, 27-Jun-11 04:47 PM, #12
               Reply Referring to Scrimbul as a good, quality player nullifi..., vargal, 27-Jun-11 11:45 PM, #13
Reply Imm Stagnation, laxman, 27-Jun-11 09:59 AM, #2
Reply RE: Not wanting to derail Torak's thread - Reponse to N..., Nnaeshuk, 27-Jun-11 08:48 AM, #1
     Reply Don't be so surprised, Splntrd, 27-Jun-11 02:33 PM, #6
     Reply Reading comprehension is on a downward drift in the US, trewyn, 27-Jun-11 02:41 PM, #7
          Reply I don't see anyone railing against the app... nt, Tsunami, 27-Jun-11 03:27 PM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #38638 Previous topic | Next topic