Subject: "RE: Getting across an OOC point IC is there a good way to do it?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #385
Show all folders

nepentheThu 13-Mar-03 07:07 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#388, "RE: Getting across an OOC point IC is there a good way to do it?"

>But a lot of times I'll get a gt from that leader asking how
>close I am to my next title, so they can determine whether
>continuing to play for a few minutes will benefit their group
>or not. Sometimes I simply say that I am very close.

Speaking in generalities like that doesn't really bug me. It also doesn't seem unrealistic to me that your character would know if s/he had just been promoted or if it had been a while and they might be able to impress the guildmaster (or whatever) sufficiently soon.

That's a far cry from: I'm going to advance as soon as we kill 3 more trollocs, or: I would need to kill 438 kobolds to get a level.

Even: I think I might advance on our next foray into Shadar Logoth isn't that bad in my opinion.

>And what about those times when you are in the middle of a
>battle and something happens to you as a player pulling you
>away from your computer immediately? Many of us have families,
>husbands, children that literally DEMAND our attention
>sometimes and I have found myself getting in arguments with my
>husband on occasions because I can't just drop connection and
>leave the game when he wants me to. I usually tell my group in
>that situation that my mind is wandering...meaning I am afk.
>Is this also a big NO NO?

Something along those lines as character appropriate (you might be meditating, whatever) is probably fine.

Ultimately, CF is a game, and at times things outside that came can't help but intrude on it. Due to its competitive nature, you take certain risks (such as being killed) while being afk, etc. and that's just something you have to live with. Still, as long as you make a real RP effort not to break the suspension of disbelief for other players, you probably aren't going to have a problem from the staff.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGetting across an OOC point IC is there a good way to d... [View all] , Xandrya, Thu 13-Mar-03 11:01 AM
Reply RE: Getting across an OOC point IC is there a good way ..., nepenthe, 13-Mar-03 07:07 PM #1
     Reply Thanks this helps a lot, Xandrya, 13-Mar-03 07:17 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #385 Previous topic | Next topic