Subject: "DOes law need work?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3801
Show all folders

ThunderpantsSun 08-Feb-04 10:59 AM
Member since 24th Jan 2004
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3801, "DOes law need work?"

I don't think Tribunal is very interesting because the game is too hard for criminals, especially non-hero criminals. What do I mean by this? I mean that most of the time you're going to suffer a mob-death. If things happen the way they're supposed to, you're going to get looted by a tribunal, which is... let's face it humiliating and frustrating for A LOT of people. There are too many high-level hard-hitting guards everywhere. In my opinion Udgaard guards are an oversight, because they enforce tribunal law.. Also, there are guards in the feawyn weald, which makes no sense. The cities that are protected are too-well protected and the cities which aren't protected are too-well protected.

Sure, so life sucks as a criminal. A lot of people think that's just the way it should be because they are victims of the status quo. But, I think that the world needs more criminals because it's too one-sided. People are smart about this game and will choose the easiest path. Example of this is that every ranger loves grouping with conjurers (now that sylvan is gone), and that there are more lawful evil characters (now that empire is in), and svirfnebli are about in record numbers (now that they have stoneskin). The point is that there aren't enough successful criminals (if any) and the battle of law vs criminals is unfair towards criminals. I'm not saying you should throw in a cabal, I'm just saying that there needs to be a way to lose your (wanted flag) through strategy not death.

If you can lose your wanted flag without dying, or convincing a tribunal that you're innocent then all of us players who would like to be criminals but can't would start to commit crimes.. which would help tribunal because honest to god they look bored with their lives.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDOes law need work? [View all] , Thunderpants, Sun 08-Feb-04 10:59 AM
Reply I think I may know who you are, incognito, 09-Feb-04 08:18 AM, #4
Reply heh, permanewbie, 08-Feb-04 11:24 PM, #3
Reply No, the law doesnt, Xaannix, 08-Feb-04 11:21 PM, #2
Reply No. (n/t), Sevarecan, 08-Feb-04 01:05 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3801 Previous topic | Next topic