Subject: "the only actual draw back I see" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #37772
Show all folders

laxmanWed 27-Apr-11 08:37 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#37793, "the only actual draw back I see"
Edited on Wed 27-Apr-11 08:38 AM

is that shifters will pretty much have everything key under the sun by level 30. I mean greater enlivens are after that but they are more like edges in terms of value added then most skills or spells.

If someone wanted to get crazy they could also make the partial shifts way cooler and put them in the 30's. I know they got changed to scale with level but I haven't played with that yet and even if they did it is still hard to justify any circumstance after rank 30 where you would want to be in a fight unshifter if you have the option of being in form.

Right now I think the only partial shift that gets regular use is horns of the bull followed by claws of the lion. I don't think anyone uses paws of the cheetah, tail of the lizard, or fangs of the serpent.

I would change them to

fangs of the serpent to aspect of the serpent. You get a 1-2 hp regen per round, you auto bite in combat for say dismembers and your fangs do neuro poison (confuse/forget/hold) with a duration of 0.

paws o the cheetah becomes aspect of the cheetah. You get the equivolent of average dodge on say a 24 dex form as well as minor skill/spell evasion

claws of the lion to aspect of the lion. Increased damage on your claw attacks and give them a chance to cause bleeding in much the same way that using a poison bite weapon has a chance to cause poison on each hit.

aspect of the bull. same as currently with the damage but add a random 0-2 round lag each time it hits the opponent like a beefy mino gore.

aspect of the lizard. like the snake grant 1-2 hp regen and do a sweeping tail attack randomly with damage similar to the current incarnation of horns of the bull except have it hit everyone fighting you + whoever you are fighting.

aspect of the bat. hear sneaking people and be able to see your inventory and opponent in a fight while blind.

I figure those bonuses could give you enough of a reason to join a fight out of form without being seriously OP. I think they could get really interesting in group fights, do you sacrifice the use of yuor offensive form for a few rounds in the hope you can land a neuro hold person with your fangs? Do you stand around unshifted with the ears to see people coming or the cheetah to try and avoid a crippling opening attack from an unseen foe? I think those are all decisions that could lead to more fun.

ohh and these would be bumped up to the 30's to give shifters something other then forms to look forward to.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicShifters Update [View all] , laxman, Tue 26-Apr-11 01:50 PM
Reply RE: Shifters Update, Daevryn, 01-May-11 04:06 PM, #8
Reply RE: Shifters Update, Scrotar, 11-May-11 09:20 AM, #9
Reply It is much better than it used to be., Zephon, 01-May-11 02:37 PM, #7
Reply Nep or Twist, laxman, 28-Apr-11 12:09 PM, #6
Reply I had the same thoughts just recently, Abernyte, 27-Apr-11 03:43 AM, #1
     Reply the only actual draw back I see, laxman, 27-Apr-11 08:38 AM #2
          Reply Shifter's don't need any more beneficial tweaking., Quixotic, 27-Apr-11 12:33 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Shifter's don't need any more beneficial tweaking., Doge, 27-Apr-11 02:13 PM, #4
          Reply RE: the only actual draw back I see, Doge, 27-Apr-11 02:20 PM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #37772 Previous topic | Next topic