Subject: "Deathblow and ABS" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36967
Show all folders

AbernyteThu 20-Jan-11 06:13 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36967, "Deathblow and ABS"

I know one is there to counter the other but my current issue, as I see it is with the ranks that both are accessible.

Deathblow is sub 30 and ABS is realisticly (for the majority of the playerbase to have all three) not feasible until rank 40. This leaves a massive imbalance at lower ranks for mages who are forced to lose to berserkers purely because they suddenly thro out 2 obliterates in a round of combat (this was through aura and shield btw!). If I had barrier then I may have stood a chance but I have worked hard to have a large selection of wand locations to check to maximise my chances of having wands. The ones I have are non-sleeks as I still have not found any sleeks this time round.

Deathblow is a necessity when ABS is plentiful, which to my mind, is 40+ for the majority of players and therefore deathblow should not be accessible until the same rank, 40.

Thoughts?

-----Abernyte

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDeathblow and ABS [View all] , Abernyte, Thu 20-Jan-11 06:13 PM
Reply Deathblow is ugly for anyone with bad defenses and bad ..., Quixotic, 21-Jan-11 01:02 PM, #6
Reply Re: Warriors and Deathblow, Homard, 21-Jan-11 01:20 PM, #7
Reply Agree that DB is balanced at hero, OP at midranks. nt, Artificial, 21-Jan-11 05:42 AM, #4
Reply RE: Deathblow and ABS, Malakhi, 20-Jan-11 07:00 PM, #2
Reply Homard and Malakhi, Abernyte, 21-Jan-11 05:12 AM, #3
     Reply Don't forget bards., lasentia, 21-Jan-11 11:18 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Homard and Malakhi, Malakhi, 21-Jan-11 02:31 PM, #8
          Reply Problem is, elmeri_, 21-Jan-11 07:16 PM, #9
Reply DB's not just to counter Damage Reduction, Homard, 20-Jan-11 06:54 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36967 Previous topic | Next topic