Subject: "Learning rates and luck" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36057
Show all folders

AncientNewbieFri 29-Oct-10 05:16 PM
Member since 26th Oct 2010
29 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36057, "Learning rates and luck"

I'm aware this topic gets discussed a lot (I promise I've tried searching) but I feel like I've played enough (albeit on and off) over the years to notice some apparent difference in learning rates from one character to another.

I know the RNG is still king when it comes to this, but I just can't get over the feeling the given the same int, the same morale, and an all around similar situation, that learning rates from one character to the next are not the same. I know that due to the RNG most characters have their ups and downs with learning rates, but I could swear that characters that appear to start off learning poorly, continue learning poorly for their duration.

The only two conclusions I can draw is that either 1) I'm getting paranoid as I get older or 2) The luck stat is the unknown variable in this equation and it is responsible for more than I've always given it credit for.

Anyone care to confirm, deny, or generally shed any light on this?

Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicLearning rates and luck [View all] , AncientNewbie, Fri 29-Oct-10 05:16 PM
Reply Um., Stunna, 27-Oct-10 04:43 PM, #5
Reply RE: Learning rates and luck, Valguarnera, 27-Oct-10 07:07 AM, #2
Reply Yeah, I remember that thread. Very interesting topic., TheDude, 27-Oct-10 01:59 PM, #4
Reply RE: Yeah, I remember that thread. Very interesting topi..., Valguarnera, 27-Oct-10 05:01 PM, #6
     Reply Sure was., TheDude, 27-Oct-10 05:52 PM, #7
Reply Aren't you forgetting something?, Torak, 29-Oct-10 01:34 PM, #8
Reply True, but, incognito, 06-Nov-10 04:38 PM, #9
Reply RE: Learning rates and luck, Zulghinlour, 26-Oct-10 09:26 PM, #1
     Reply Do not lie! I was figuring the luck of my characters ba..., Shapa, 27-Oct-10 10:43 AM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36057 Previous topic | Next topic