Subject: "RE: Are dark-elves balanced?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #346
Show all folders

JhyrbianWed 12-Mar-03 06:50 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#376, "RE: Are dark-elves balanced?"

::I don't think that's accurate either. It might have been a few years ago, but they've gained from a number of recent changes, especially when we revised mana gains about a year ago. They're a very solid pick for at least three of their classes (invoker, healer, transmuter), and decent angles for several others.

Nice picks for the three classes. Two of which have class enabled dam-reduction and the other a class that doesn't often stand toe to toe with people without wands comming out the ying yang.

::As fighting classes, they stack up well against magi/communers in general- mithril isn't a big concern there, especially given their dodge/etc, and they don't have elemental vulnerabilities that an invoker/conjurer/etc. can punish them with. And being smart never hurts- a lot of players underestimate the value of mental stats.

Yeah, but mithril weapons are a dime a dozen and it's not the dodging people are complaining about, because that's just fine and dandy. But when's the last time you saw someone dodge a backstab, ambush, pincer, flurry, jab, doublethrust, etc. Sure being smart helps but it just seems to me that with drow warriorish classes being smart is on par with being forced to avoid(ie: hide like a bitch from) alot of things.

::I haven't seen too much of how they play out as APs since the (rather significant) changes went in recently, but the gap between duergar/fire APs and the rest of that pack closed as well. I wouldn't say they're my top choice, but they aren't my bottom one either. Another immortal approached me recently to discuss the possibility that they might even be too good in a certain level range, but we're taking a wait-and-see approach there.

No idea on that one, i tend to avoid classes that require hours of prep searching.

::I admit a year ago I would have been singing a different tune. But I've seen a lot more, especially through some tough dark-elf characters that played to their strengths.

I don't know any of these tough dark-elf characters you're talking about. So we'll leave it at that.

Cheers.

Jhyrbian.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAre drow balanced? [View all] , josiah (inactive user), Tue 11-Mar-03 01:25 AM
Reply Well considering I have a drow shaman..., Zefarah, 15-Mar-03 10:21 AM, #16
Reply RE: Well considering I have a drow shaman..., Quislet, 15-Mar-03 05:54 PM, #17
Reply half-elf & half-drow do not get perma sneak, incognito, 15-Mar-03 07:33 PM, #18
Reply RE: Well considering I have a drow shaman..., Zefarah, 15-Mar-03 09:02 PM, #19
Reply This reminds me..., nepenthe, 16-Mar-03 05:21 AM, #20
Reply DROW DROW DROW!, Zepachu, 12-Mar-03 02:18 PM, #10
Reply The poem, Anal_Retentive, 12-Mar-03 08:36 PM, #13
     Reply RE: The poem, Zepachu, 12-Mar-03 10:32 PM, #14
          Reply RE: The poem, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 13-Mar-03 08:19 PM, #15
Reply Don't take this the wrong way:, nepenthe, 11-Mar-03 09:03 AM, #5
Reply Next time I'm wanting for some abuse., josiah (Anonymous), 12-Mar-03 02:22 AM, #6
     Reply We all are...., Vladamir, 12-Mar-03 04:59 AM, #7
          Reply RE: We all are...., Quislet, 12-Mar-03 06:49 AM, #8
Reply How strange you should claim that, Yanoreth, 11-Mar-03 01:45 AM, #2
Reply Deleted message, josiah (Anonymous), 11-Mar-03 02:34 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Deleted message, Valguarnera, 11-Mar-03 02:36 AM, #4
Reply RE: Are drow balanced?, Valguarnera, 11-Mar-03 01:41 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Are drow balanced?, Jhyrbian, 12-Mar-03 01:56 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Are dark-elves balanced?, Valguarnera, 12-Mar-03 06:00 PM, #11
               Reply RE: Are dark-elves balanced?, Jhyrbian, 12-Mar-03 06:50 PM #12
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #346 Previous topic | Next topic