Subject: "Neutrality, an inquiry on Alignment" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3424
Show all folders

AbthalokThu 08-Jan-04 07:46 AM
Member since 04th Dec 2003
36 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3424, "Neutrality, an inquiry on Alignment"

In my experience with Good and neutral aligned characters, it would appear that most if not all of the player base defines being neutral as being evil 50% of the time, and good 50% of the time. This contradicts everything I've ever known Neutrality to be. IF your neutral, your neither good nor evil, not sometimes good and sometimes evil, that just makes you evil.

Take the swiss for example, a country which prides itself on neutrality. They don't go waging war on unexpected countries half the time, then send aid to countries the other half of thier time. I'm fairly sure the world would consider them not neutral in such a case.

So, am I comparing apples and oranges? or am I making some sense here?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNeutrality, an inquiry on Alignment [View all] , Abthalok, Thu 08-Jan-04 07:46 AM
Reply We're talking fantasy alignments here, there's a slight..., Vecna, 27-Jan-04 08:44 AM, #8
Reply RE: Neutrality, an inquiry on Alignment, CaptainAverage, 17-Jan-04 03:34 AM, #6
Reply People should read this post., Stunna, 08-Jan-04 01:10 PM, #2
Reply didn't the swiss hire out mercenaries? nt, incognito, 08-Jan-04 08:44 AM, #1
     Reply Like the Vaticans Swiss guard? :o> n/t, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 09-Jan-04 05:17 AM, #3
     Reply Exactly. Working for the highest bidder = neutrality. ..., Vladamir, 11-Jan-04 01:54 PM, #4
          Reply Laughable and utterly false statement, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 11-Jan-04 02:48 PM, #5
               Reply I disagree. Working purely for money is amoral, not imm..., Vladamir, 17-Jan-04 03:44 PM, #7
                    Reply RE: I disagree. Working purely for money is amoral, not..., Isildur, 27-Jan-04 10:45 AM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3424 Previous topic | Next topic