Subject: "Request, re: information on this site." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3249
Show all folders

permanewbieFri 12-Dec-03 06:10 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
349 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3249, "Request, re: information on this site."

I would really...really...really Like to see some place where information is compiled like....

How many pcs are in each cabal. How many evil pcs there are, how many good pcs there are, how many neutral pcs there are.

It doesn't even need to be specific....say...tiers such as...

0-15
16-30
31-50
51-70
71-100
101-130...etc.

Why do I think such information would be helpful? Well. I know quite a number of the players that post here and on the othe board "claim" to enjoy the underdog status....but, I believe the current number of empirials and evils in general compared to the goodies makes liars of all but a VERY few of them.

Let's say I haven't played for a while...and I have ideas for roles I would like to try....say a scion necro....a dwarf tribby shaman...a duergar ap empirial...an evil thief rager...a w-elf herald...a cloud giant that wants to go squire....etc.

I could look at the numbers...and (taking my impressions of what cf is like recently) decide against hopping on the current band-freight-train that is evil (especially empire) chars...and I would choose one of my goodie ideas...because I know that playing an underdog gives a better chance at showing off and getting that coveted 30 seconds of immteraction per 400 hours of playtime.

Yes, I understand somewhat how such information can be used for ill....

Say...someone not ever rolling their necro idea until they deem there are enough evils about to offer the best chance of actually being able to rank(the hardest part about being a necro)....

But, that already goes on. You only need to count how many necros there are between 20 and 47 now compared to how many there were total 3 months ago to know that probably 80% of them rolled for just the above purpose.

And....why not just try it? If it seems like the playerbase can't handle the information in a mature way and instead abuses it...how hard would it be to just yank it again?

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRequest, re: information on this site. [View all] , permanewbie, Fri 12-Dec-03 06:10 PM
Reply RE: Request, re: information on this site., Zulghinlour, 12-Dec-03 09:14 PM, #3
Reply heh, I must be unlucky then..., permanewbie, 13-Dec-03 06:21 PM, #4
Reply Lets be honest., Krivohan, 12-Dec-03 06:23 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Lets be honest., permanewbie, 12-Dec-03 06:42 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3249 Previous topic | Next topic