Subject: "RE: Well, here's the way I imagine it." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #323
Show all folders

QuisletSat 08-Mar-03 05:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
240 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#326, "RE: Well, here's the way I imagine it."

Liquid evaporates in sunlight. It doesn't re-condense if the seal on the container isn't good enough to contain it. This, however, is not the real question or answer to why those potions that evaporate on their own do so.

Clearly, if a potion evaporates after a time limit, it's not meant to be something you can keep forever. So, if you're to get a message telling you the potion is gone or no good any more, what would you rather have? Evaporating is as good a message as anything. I'd prefer that to "Your potion has lost its potency and vanished."

It may not be all that realistic, but if the potion is designed to go away, at least it tells you when it happens.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA potion of teleportation evaporates from disuse [View all] , Aidan, Sat 08-Mar-03 02:15 AM
Reply Grumbles just a bit and then winks at the Imms, Xandrya, 10-Mar-03 07:36 PM, #5
Reply Well, here's the way I imagine it., Yaofhil, 08-Mar-03 05:06 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Well, here's the way I imagine it., Quislet, 08-Mar-03 05:53 PM #2
          Reply What would be most realistic, Yanoreth, 08-Mar-03 06:07 PM, #3
               Reply RE: What would be most realistic, Boldereth, 09-Mar-03 10:57 PM, #4
               Reply RE: What would be most realistic, Zargu, 24-Mar-03 11:45 AM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #323 Previous topic | Next topic