Subject: "Yes and no" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2197
Show all folders

GwynWed 10-Sep-03 03:12 PM
Member since 17th Apr 2003
38 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2217, "Yes and no"
Edited on Wed 10-Sep-03 03:15 PM

This is an interesting concept. I personally really like religious-type roleplay and conflict and would love to see a lot more of it at CF. Organized religion has been talked about before though and always seems to be shot down. Personally, I think it is something that could add some real depth of character to the empowerment classes and make playing healers a lot less boring and more enjoyable for those who like to roleplay. The only real "religious zealotry" I've ever seen is occassionally from an Acolyte or Paladin. It would be cool to have some real preaching and proselyting going on and some religious wars.

I do see a couple of really big problems with this cabal idea, though. Religion is very often based on alignment and since that is true, the gods oppose each other. Therefore how could they all sit in council together and have a common goal? I can't see Shokai and Scarabaeus followers agreeing on much of anything, can you? So while this would be a great thing to have a Church, and I do think it would be cool, it wouldn't make sense to have all the religions represented in it.

Is there anyone else who would like to see some more religious conflict in the game, or is this something we'd rather not do?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCabal idea [View all] , Beast, Sun 07-Sep-03 10:38 PM
Reply RE: Cabal idea, Haze, 11-Sep-03 12:13 PM, #3
Reply RE: Cabal idea, Gwyn, 11-Sep-03 12:56 PM, #4
     Reply I think it's a bad idea, Nivek1, 11-Sep-03 01:34 PM, #5
Reply Yes and no, Gwyn, 10-Sep-03 03:15 PM #1
     Reply RE: Yes and no, Kotess, 11-Sep-03 11:45 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2197 Previous topic | Next topic