Subject: "clarifcation, and groveling" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #215
Show all folders

Vulpis (Guest)Thu 21-Mar-02 04:37 PM

#220, "clarifcation, and groveling"

To Vulpis: If the idea you've posted is, indeed, lifted detail-by-detail from somewhere else, please don't do that. It's one thing to present a general concept you like, but if the specifics of the above are taken from elsewhere.... we don't want a reputation as scavengers.

YIPE! I'll go hide!

Um, what other MUD? There are others?

No seriously, I haven't played any other mud in several years (3+).
and even then none of them for more than a few days to see what it was like.

Other than that I have gone to the homepages of MUDs "above" CF in the listing/ranking since you have put that in, and determined (in my opinion) that each one of them is ranked higher due to "easy rewards", ie, an easy non-competitive, I feel good about myself life for characters. After all who would want to spend all that time ranking to "hero" when no one is trying to stop you? Then it would be a worthless prize.

Sorry this became a cause for crazyness!

No it is not lifted from another mud, I dunno what solomon posted, didn't see it. Doubt if I would be familiar with even the name of any other muds that were or were not mentioned, much less what they have implemented.

It was a variation on solomon's idea of talking/demanding during a fight. I can see that a lagging/forcing the fight BEFORE the fight would change things drasticly, so I took the idea to the end of the fight, when the "outcome" was allready decided (keeping game balance/not messing with anything). Therefore, it would not change anything as far as PK.

I still like the idea, or something similar that would be acceptable, there is much too little conversation before/during/after pk, giving explanation as to each of the char's motives. Just kill and carry on... So perhaps someone can think of something else. I just don't want all the RP to be going on in just the shrines, inner cabals, and the Inn. I'll keep my nose out of it. :\

Once again I applogize, didn't mean to offend. Just an idea.
I'm not up on all the inter-MUD relations/rivalries, so I don't know what MUD all ready has something like this.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAccost (Skill idea enclosed) Immortal response would be... [View all] , Solomon (Guest), Wed 20-Mar-02 04:51 AM
Reply Just to drop another couple of pennies in the pot., Cassman, 21-Mar-02 05:47 PM, #9
Reply Makin 'em beg for mercy - other idea, Zulg shoot me dow..., Vulpis (Guest), 20-Mar-02 06:27 PM, #3
Reply Solomon: Post removed:, Valguarnera, 21-Mar-02 01:22 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Solomon: Post removed:, Solomon (Guest), 21-Mar-02 03:05 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Solomon: Post removed:, ArChaos, 21-Mar-02 03:27 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Solomon: Post removed:, ArChaos, 21-Mar-02 03:23 AM, #6
     Reply clarifcation, and groveling, Vulpis (Guest), 21-Mar-02 04:37 PM #8
     Reply RE: clarifcation, and groveling, Valguarnera, 21-Mar-02 06:01 PM, #10
          Reply Just looking to implement some over the top drama n/t, Vulpis (Guest), 21-Mar-02 07:24 PM, #11
     Reply Like ooze?, (NOT Pro), 23-Mar-02 08:07 AM, #12
Reply Re: Immortal response would be sweet!, Zulghinlour, 20-Mar-02 02:09 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Re: Immortal response would be sweet!, Solomon (Guest), 20-Mar-02 03:20 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #215 Previous topic | Next topic