Subject: "RE: Why not be brutal?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2134
Show all folders

shokaiThu 28-Aug-03 11:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2137, "RE: Why not be brutal?"

What will this do?,it will scare people into not doing cheating rings, eventually it will destroy the cheating rings themselves(people loose e-mail adrreses,icq numbers,etc. all the time)

Err, not quite. It's been proven by the past 8 years that what would happen, is that cheaters would dive even deeper into the depths of the woodwork, and make them even more difficult to root out. Additionally it would cause much more ill will betwixt mortals and imms, and in my opinion end up causing more harm than good.

The other thing that you get into, is fairness. Is it fair for me to tell people 'don't talk about CF outside the game?' Hell no. The other thing is, I (and I'm reasonably sure the other imms feel something along these lines) have little desire to engage in some sort of CF version of McCarthy-esque witchhunts.

Does cheating happen? Yes. Does it piss me off? Most of the time, yep. Do I think what you proposed would help more than harm? No, I really don't. I could launch into a much longer diatribe about the impossibility of what you propose and elaborate on the harms it would cause, but I think I've tossed enough reasons out there for the moment.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWhy not be brutal? [View all] , luis, Thu 28-Aug-03 06:57 PM
Reply RE: Why not be brutal?, Boldereth, 04-Sep-03 12:49 PM, #11
Reply RE: Why not be brutal?, shokai, 28-Aug-03 11:12 PM #3
Reply You used the word betwixt..., Zepachu, 28-Aug-03 11:38 PM, #4
     Reply wherein I use another fun word.., shokai, 28-Aug-03 11:49 PM, #5
          Reply Don't hurt me, Shok., Zepachu, 28-Aug-03 11:53 PM, #6
          Reply to quote Mark Twain:, shokai, 29-Aug-03 12:11 AM, #7
               Reply RE: to quote Mark Twain:, Quiditus, 31-Aug-03 03:19 PM, #9
          Reply That's not a fun word!, Soren, 31-Aug-03 02:55 AM, #8
Reply hmmmm, Phaistus, 28-Aug-03 08:43 PM, #2
Reply well said, Quiditus, 31-Aug-03 03:22 PM, #10