Subject: "One extra piece of advice:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #20593
Show all folders

_Magus_Sun 17-Feb-08 10:28 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20597, "One extra piece of advice:"

Since you don't get bash protection until level 36, be cautious when approaching people who can bash you into the ground. Generally speaking, anyone with bash is going to outmelee you. And command denial for a mage is very bad.

If they are a gnome/svirf, don't worry about being bashed. Just worry about trip and/or specialization skills (misdirect, pincer, etc.). If they are human size, go with enlarge. If they are giant size, go with reduce. If you can at least trick the person you're going to fight by either not being able to bash you at all, or missing because you're too large, you'll have the opportunity to land the sleep spell, or whatever else. Blindness also works as a good opener. Just be prepared to absorb a good amount of damage from initiating combat with a spell.

My worst deaths are always because I forgot fly or bash protection. Those are the ones I really kick myself for.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWhy do I not listen? [View all] , Dreth, Sun 17-Feb-08 09:23 PM
Reply RE: Why do I not listen?, Rogue, 18-Feb-08 07:42 AM, #6
Reply One extra piece of advice:, _Magus_, 17-Feb-08 10:28 PM #4
Reply Heh, I would definetly not have gone necro..., GinGa, 17-Feb-08 09:55 PM, #2
Reply Yah. Stick with it., Dallevian, 17-Feb-08 09:44 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Yah. Stick with it., Dreth, 17-Feb-08 10:08 PM, #3
          Reply In my limited experience with necromancer..., Scrimbul, 18-Feb-08 01:03 AM, #5
               Reply Edges add variety, incognito, 23-Feb-08 04:35 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #20593 Previous topic | Next topic