Subject: "Mariners, "last breath" and newbies" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19204
Show all folders

LazyLazFri 14-Sep-07 11:50 AM
Member since 16th Aug 2007
5 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19265, "Mariners, "last breath" and newbies"

My point about mariners and "last breath" in general isn't related to drawbreath. A mariner (and I assume anyone with the last breath edge) can go underwater without having any waterbreathing affect up. If they're fighting someone on the open sea and flee down, and the person pursues and sleeps them, they're ####ed.

I don't have a problem with them dying this way, but I don't think they should be punished with an XP penalty for it either.

All in all, I've never been died in this manner by being slept underwater, and I doubt that any other vets would die in this manner. I do find it likely that a newer player could die in this manner, and they're the ones being punished with the XP penalty. They're also the ones that are more likely to be disheartened and leave CF permanently when met with a death like that.

I know it makes you look like an "online badass" when you stand your ground and call things retarded while ignoring arguments to the contrary. But please, just say you don't mind a minor change on the immortals' part by fixing the "water breathing always equals XP penalty" code.

Come on, Yhorian, do it for the kids.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicUnderwater + Sleep + Seaweed [View all] , Plushka, Mon 10-Sep-07 12:43 AM
Reply Yes., GinGa, 10-Sep-07 10:59 AM, #1
     Reply I disagree - there are times when it can happen, LazyLaz, 10-Sep-07 08:36 PM, #2
          Reply RE: I disagree - there are times when it can happen, TheFrog, 10-Sep-07 08:49 PM, #3
               Reply Or use seaweed., GinGa, 11-Sep-07 12:13 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: Because anything else is dispellable/retarded., Vladamir, 12-Sep-07 02:55 PM, #5
                    Reply Mariners, "last breath" and newbies, LazyLaz, 14-Sep-07 11:50 AM #6
                         Reply What it sounds like..., GinGa, 14-Sep-07 05:38 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19204 Previous topic | Next topic