Subject: "RE: Shaman and Druid echoes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18940
Show all folders

ORBMon 27-Aug-07 03:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
993 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18945, "RE: Shaman and Druid echoes"

Healers - I've never played one to Hero. Though with the changes it seems like Evil Healers got hugely nerfed or at least that's what they tell me. That seems to account for the very low numbers of them these days. Might want to tone it back up a little.

Shaman - Ugh most boring class ever. I think these guys need a complete and utter overhaul from top to bottom and give them some form of identity. Seriously gut them and start over.
They should have more to do with spirits and artifacts of spiritual power, channeling spirits of good and evil, animals and ancestors, etc to grant them power. Use of holy/unholy relics like masks, talismans, shrunken heads, goblets, etc. And maybe even some use of herbs, peyote, etc. to help channel or create said relics. Things like sweat lodges, visions, sacrifices, possession, exorcism, guardian spirits, etc. should be more along their abilities with a wide split between good and evil shamans. There are a ton of possibilities here, old shamans need to go.

Druid - Great class as far as being interesting, echoes would definitely be a nice touch and maybe some specialization choices. Also would be cool if the Bear form was worth using.

With Empowerment overall though, I think it could still be improved. Seems so hit and miss. My characters either get empowered right away or never hear a peep. weird thing is, it's usually the better thought out more RP intense ones that get ignored. Perhaps general religions that could be administered by any Immortal on, like Mother Nature, Grim Reaper, The Sun, Etc. I know you can do it now but make it a real ingame system with specific general religions set up. I always feel limited by trying to pick the few Imms that are active Empowerers and forcing a role to fit them.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicShaman and Druid echoes [View all] , A2, Mon 27-Aug-07 12:37 PM
Reply RE: Shaman and Druid echoes, incognito, 29-Aug-07 07:26 PM, #4
Reply RE: Shaman and Druid echoes, Valguarnera, 29-Aug-07 07:25 AM, #3
Reply RE: Shaman and Druid echoes, A2, 31-Aug-07 07:05 PM, #5
Reply RE: Shaman and Druid echoes, ORB, 27-Aug-07 03:42 PM #1
     Reply RE: Shaman and Druid echoes, Valguarnera, 29-Aug-07 07:20 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18940 Previous topic | Next topic