Subject: "Shaman and Druid echoes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18940
Show all folders

A2Mon 27-Aug-07 12:37 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18940, "Shaman and Druid echoes"

Partially inspired by Mek's post about his thoughts on individual classes and because I'm tired of seeing threads I don't want to read about ABS and Cabdru and how someone felt screwed over six years ago for being annoying or whatever.

I love empowerment classes. The overhaul to paladins was awsome and well done. So I'll leave them alone.

The change to healers went in right at the end of the only one I'll ever play so I can't really comment on it. Not a class I'll probably ever play again so I'm not going to suggest anything for it.

Shaman are a great class, very inuitive, with the tools to fight almost any race/class combo in the game. Capable of taking on groups solo and they become down right nasty in a group. The class abilities aren't what I have issue with it is how bland it is to play them. It could be that I've had a few but god they really don't feel like there is any inherent flavor in the class.

Druids are also a great class. The most fragile of all the empowerment classes but also able to dish out probably more damage than any of the others. The amount of utility in the class is amazing and the actual mechanics of the class are fun to figure out. Like shamans, I wouldn't mess with their actual class abilities.

I recently stepped outside my comfort zone and played a necro. Which is where all this is coming from. The ambient echos that go with the class abilities made playing a necro so much fun. Having newbies stop in their tracks at the echos from "speak with dead" was its own kind of fun. While I don't think shaman/druids need an overhaul, some more window dressing would make them amazingly fun and they deserve it. Empowerment classes are held to higher standard and are not a gimme to play. As someone who probably plays too many empowerment chars I would love it if people would reply and give any ideas they've had for echos that could go with ALREADY existing class abilities.

Maybe if we get enough good stuff here there will be some imm interest to put these in or at least give some good jumping off points for some slave of the staff to work something up.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicShaman and Druid echoes [View all] , A2, Mon 27-Aug-07 12:37 PM
Reply RE: Shaman and Druid echoes, incognito, 29-Aug-07 07:26 PM, #4
Reply RE: Shaman and Druid echoes, Valguarnera, 29-Aug-07 07:25 AM, #3
Reply RE: Shaman and Druid echoes, A2, 31-Aug-07 07:05 PM, #5
Reply RE: Shaman and Druid echoes, ORB, 27-Aug-07 03:42 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Shaman and Druid echoes, Valguarnera, 29-Aug-07 07:20 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18940 Previous topic | Next topic