Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1531
Show all folders

incognitoThu 03-Jul-03 11:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1541, "it works both ways."

If I kill someone, and five lowbies are standing around, I will only get 1 out of the best 6 items, if they all choose wisely. That is the best case scenario given sensible lowbies, and I wouldn't like it much. I'd rather they get the chance to full-loot but grab a pile of junk instead of the good stuff.

Also, it would stink that I can't even grab the one good item I want before more enemies arrive on the scene.

And how do you factor in butcher, or ritual of abominations, where the loot all gets put on the ground. Do you make picking stuff off the ground lag people? If not, orcs, rangers, ragers, liches, necros all gain advantage. If so, what about people are trying to retrieve a disarmed weapon? They'd be lagged a round before they could wield the weapon they'd just picked up.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topiclag on looting? [View all] , josiah (inactive user), Wed 02-Jul-03 04:22 PM
Reply What I think might be nice..., Vladamir, 07-Jul-03 02:16 AM, #5
Reply this has been proposed before, more than once, incognito, 02-Jul-03 06:15 PM, #1
     Reply Apparently it's not a bad concept., josiah (Anonymous), 03-Jul-03 08:53 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Apparently it's not a bad concept., Krivohan, 03-Jul-03 11:49 AM, #3
               Reply it works both ways., incognito, 03-Jul-03 11:58 AM #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1531 Previous topic | Next topic