Subject: "Reasons for some legacy catagorization within:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1513
Show all folders

AidanTue 01-Jul-03 01:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
45 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1521, "Reasons for some legacy catagorization within:"
Edited on Tue 01-Jul-03 01:58 PM

Players, as a whole, tend to be maximizing-oriented when they create a character.

Everyone has different priorities, but the majority of players all try to maximize one or two things, sometimes more if not mutually exclusive.

Very few people roll a warrior and then say, "Ok I want to be protected accross with saves, have 30 dam roll, 1100 hp..."

Most would say, "Alright, I can get a full set of pwent, and if I stack Chilling Embrace on that I can get 90 dam."

The same goes for Soul of the Mountain. *Most* of the time a player will think, "Wow, my dwarf has 1500 hp! If I take Soul of the Mountain, I'll have 1700!!!!"

Not very many think, "Hmm, my hp are slightly below average, let me spend a legacy on achieving mediocracy."

It's just not how people work. While these legacies are perfectly fine for low str, low con races, it's simply not who's going to use them most frequently.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHigh-dex vs. High-str Warriors in a Post-Legacy Carrion... [View all] , Aidan, Tue 01-Jul-03 09:43 AM
Reply Comments and more legacies, Marcus_, 01-Jul-03 11:08 AM, #2
Reply RE: Comments and more legacies, Valguarnera, 01-Jul-03 12:20 PM, #4
Reply Reasons for some legacy catagorization within:, Aidan, 01-Jul-03 01:58 PM #5
Reply RE: High-dex vs. High-str Warriors in a Post-Legacy Car..., Isildur, 01-Jul-03 10:55 AM, #1
     Reply I tend to agree., josiah (Anonymous), 01-Jul-03 11:22 AM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1513 Previous topic | Next topic