Subject: "compare this induction process to other cabals" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #14576
Show all folders

laxmanThu 28-Sep-06 08:08 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#14579, "compare this induction process to other cabals"

Scion: Without megaluck your generally gonna be waiting till late 30's if not hero before you have a chance to get in. You must display good rp skills and pk not suckiness to get in.

Fortress: Get an interview and your in. helps to participate in raid/defense

Empire: get donation gold and your in

Tribunal: repeat help 26 and your in, don't be a criminal, helps to participate in raid/defense

herald: mud sex behind the inn and your in (actually I honestly have no clue what they take for standards because while it is suposed to be an rp cabal and they do get some top notch roleplayers the vast majority of its members are floofi crap at both pk and rp beyond giggle hug)

Village: read 2 works in the lyceum get 2 recs and your in (if you get one rec you should be able to get them all theoretically) If your having trouble simply rank with another app and get his when he is inducted, help raid/defense and your garunteed recs or hack the #### out of mages. My most memorable induction was after Iborenn said no dice and I said I won't bow or beg for a drow. Then I poped off 2 dozen mages and while stalking one kastellyn pops in says you have proven your worth through blood and inducted me.

outlander: spend lots of wildy time, get an interview and your on the right track to getting in

In general with the exception of scion all cabal standards for induction are very low. Village may seem tougher to the non village player because it is not a gimme like trib/fort/empire/outlander at times. The information your expected to know comes from a limited number of sources and you will be told where they are if you don't know and thats part of what makes the village unique. The only funny part is that the focus on history only exists in the induction process, personally I think it should be reflected in some of their skill echos kinda like the feral rage echos.

but here is your cheat sheet to beat any village interview

-read story in the lyceum and be able to summerize it
-major points include who was fighting, who got ambushed, where they got ambushed, who led folks to safety, what did bt find while hunting, who was he with, where did the massive giant come from

-Know the names of a few villagers (hint: you can make up one)
-In conjunction with that have a reason for admiring them

-though these are rare questions now, know some of the former battle imms and leaders (hint open up the old leaders page on the website for help this can also give you names for the knowing of a few villagers)

-know why you hate magic

-be ready to jump through hoops, this is important because it weeds out the less dedicated players and dedication is also a big factor in battle compared to other cabals. for instance your rogue murder druid would not fly at all in battle so a little extra time is taken to show that your willing to follow the strict and tough guidelines of a villager.

You may not like the process but it works to minimize the number of a-holes in the cabal who are just looking to make murder everything characters.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicVillage inductions/general induction issue [View all] , Gryshilniar, Thu 28-Sep-06 05:49 AM
Reply Never had a battle leader, A2, 17-Oct-06 04:20 PM, #34
Reply I agree with the interview bollocks and what annoys me ..., Abernyte, 02-Oct-06 06:05 AM, #27
Reply Figures., Twist, 02-Oct-06 08:11 AM, #28
Reply Thats alright, you have me., Shadowmaster, 02-Oct-06 09:02 AM, #29
Reply RE: I agree with the interview bollocks and what annoys..., Nivek1, 02-Oct-06 04:34 PM, #31
Reply RE: Village inductions/general induction issue, Kastellyn, 29-Sep-06 09:45 AM, #25
Reply RE: Village inductions/general induction issue, Lyristeon, 28-Sep-06 11:43 PM, #22
Reply I endorse this post. n/t, Vershelt (Anonymous), 29-Sep-06 12:53 AM, #23
Reply I was consoled by an Imm after you interview.., (NOT Pro), 02-Oct-06 03:32 PM, #30
     Reply Not at all., Vershelt (Anonymous), 02-Oct-06 10:11 PM, #32
          Reply When did I ever have a problem with his speech?, (NOT Pro), 02-Oct-06 10:28 PM, #33
Reply I guess I'm not entirely insane. Thx for being honest. ..., Gryshilniar, 29-Sep-06 03:03 AM, #24
Reply RE: Village inductions/general induction issue, ordasen, 30-Sep-06 06:02 PM, #26
Reply Issue of FUN!, Caleban, 28-Sep-06 11:18 PM, #21
Reply This point is a very good one., Shadowmaster, 28-Sep-06 08:16 AM, #5
Reply It may be ran by elitest, sure..., trh, 28-Sep-06 04:42 PM, #19
     Reply RE: It may be ran by elitest, sure..., Gryshilniar, 28-Sep-06 07:34 PM, #20
Reply We talked about battle inductions pretty recently..., Tac, 28-Sep-06 08:13 AM, #4
Reply I do agree here..., ginharq, 28-Sep-06 06:34 AM, #2
Reply RE: Village inductions/general induction issue, Gryshilniar, 28-Sep-06 06:01 AM, #1
     Reply compare this induction process to other cabals, laxman, 28-Sep-06 08:08 AM #3
          Reply Cosign!, Treebeard, 28-Sep-06 08:19 AM, #6
          Reply RE: Cosign!, Gryshilniar, 28-Sep-06 09:45 AM, #8
               Reply Inductions and schtuff, Ysaloerye, 28-Sep-06 10:22 AM, #9
               Reply RE: Inductions and schtuff, Gryshilniar, 28-Sep-06 10:26 AM, #10
               Reply You know what man?, Drag0nSt0rm, 28-Sep-06 10:41 AM, #12
          Reply RE: compare this induction process to other cabals, Gryshilniar, 28-Sep-06 09:39 AM, #7
               Reply RE: compare this induction process to other cabals, JMC, 28-Sep-06 10:31 AM, #11
               Reply RE: compare this induction process to other cabals, nepenthe, 28-Sep-06 11:14 AM, #13
                    Reply Post it, post it!, Shadowmaster, 28-Sep-06 11:34 AM, #14
                    Reply RE: compare this induction process to other cabals, Gryshilniar, 28-Sep-06 12:01 PM, #15
                         Reply RE: compare this induction process to other cabals, nepenthe, 28-Sep-06 01:16 PM, #16
                              Reply How about this..., (NOT Pro), 28-Sep-06 03:07 PM, #17
                                   Reply I disagree., Shadowmaster, 28-Sep-06 03:10 PM, #18
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #14576 Previous topic | Next topic