Subject: "RE: Shape shifters and what they look like." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1349
Show all folders

KarelTue 17-Jun-03 06:29 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1351, "RE: Shape shifters and what they look like."

I think it wouldn't be a great idea to allow someone total control over their descs on forms, and it is too much to ask the imms to police something like that. First of all, you'll have people that are just plain wrong. For instance, I have heard alot of people call a lemur a rat or rodent, except it is actually a monkey. So now you have someone with a description saying this thing has whiskers, pointy teeth and a hairless tail...not exactly a monkey. Then there is the problem of short names...if you rename your form, which names still work? You name a diamondback a multicolored snake, does diamondback still work, or only snake now? And how many people actually know what all of the forms even look like besides a basic concept of, cat, bird, snake etc? The idea below of allowing certain characteristics to be chosen I can maybe see, maybe, but not the sort of control you're talking about.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicShape shifters and what they look like. [View all] , Korran, Tue 17-Jun-03 05:25 AM
Reply And that is intentional..., Zulghinlour, 17-Jun-03 11:31 AM, #4
Reply Or, Valkenar, 17-Jun-03 12:53 PM, #6
Reply RE: Shape shifters and what they look like., Karel, 17-Jun-03 06:29 AM #2
Reply along the same lines, incognito, 17-Jun-03 06:19 AM, #1
     Reply RE: along the same lines, Isildur, 17-Jun-03 10:17 AM, #3
          Reply RE: along the same lines, Hutto, 17-Jun-03 12:47 PM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1349 Previous topic | Next topic