Subject: "General Concensus" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1294
Show all folders

ZepachuThu 12-Jun-03 09:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1295, "General Concensus"
Edited on Thu 12-Jun-03 09:58 PM

The general concensus of Good Roles has been a "we stick together" and "strength in numbers" kind of thing. I can't think of any specific names at the moment, but I can recall some Goodies that acted with alterior motives not normally associated with being 'Good.'

Therein lies the cause/problem... "Normally associated."

Yes, an Evil character can lean toward the Goodie side, and a Good character can lean toward the Evil side, although this is tricky.

It is also a personal belief of mine that more newbies choose GOOD than they do EVIL, so that has steadily worked itself into that particular alignment. It is also my experience that more GOODIES vs. EVILS would have no clue what to do with themselves if left to their own devices.

Makes sense. You know that old saying... Give a man a suit of platemail and he'll be dressed until he's PK'd. Teach a man how to make platemail and he'll be able to redress himself over, and over.

Well, something like that, at least. I believe more CHARACTERS and PLAYERS alike are dependant in the GOOD alignment than in the EVIL alignment. Just my perception, at least, with quite a few years of backing behind it.

I do think that players on all the alignments tend to put nifty little twists on them, and I will agree that I see less of that coming from the Goodies... probably because of the newbie aspect I mentioned, amongst other things.

It may also be that the 'Good' alignment in and of itself is more elusive in opportunities and attitudes.

Zepachu

Added this thought in after posting, hence the EDIT notice up top:

I realized I missed a portion of what you said. I think also that the EVIL alignment is more condusive to killing someone of ANY alignment, whereas the GOOD alignment is more condusive to killing evils and NOT killing 'their own'... so that is definitely part of it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGood Alignment and Roles [View all] , geezer, Thu 12-Jun-03 09:44 PM
Reply Oh come on.., Java, 19-Jun-03 03:49 AM, #7
Reply An Idea (Hopefully a good one), Racli, 19-Jun-03 02:10 AM, #4
Reply RE: An Idea (Hopefully a good one), Valguarnera, 19-Jun-03 02:31 AM, #5
Reply RE: An Idea (Hopefully a good one), Racli, 19-Jun-03 04:03 AM, #8
Reply Um.....no., permanewbie, 19-Jun-03 03:44 AM, #6
Reply Another Idea (Hopefully a good one), Quislet, 23-Jun-03 11:59 PM, #9
Reply RE: Good Alignment and Roles, Quislet, 13-Jun-03 02:20 PM, #3
Reply RE: Good Alignment and Roles, Karel, 12-Jun-03 11:33 PM, #2
Reply General Concensus, Zepachu, 12-Jun-03 09:58 PM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1294 Previous topic | Next topic