Subject: "RE: Random skill at level thing" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1235
Show all folders

CaptainAverageSat 14-Jun-03 12:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1316, "RE: Random skill at level thing"

"You have gained a rank!" ...
"Dodge has increased 3%"

Woo hoo! That was the first rank I gained with an increase in the skills (my 34th rank) and me like.

I am probably one of the few who doesn't prefer to practice all my skills endlessly in a spamming frenzy. In fact, most of my skills naturally further themselves along the way of ranking. So, this little skill boost is much appreciated.

Also, for those who don't believe that you learn a lot by not purposely practicing your skills, take this for example. My elven warrior of the 34th rank got attacked by a fire giant of the 38th rank. Having just become corporeal and still gathering new equipment after dying, I had half the equipment I needed, and also half of my health. The giant was fully healthed and had decent equipment (probably what I'd have had if I'd been fully equipped). I wore him down to the point that maybe another round or so of combat would have finished him before he slew me. Any skills in dodging or parrying (dagger spec, I am) were gained naturally, and the manual skills were perfected through use in ranking. So much for everyone's theory of "spamming makes perfect".

Kudos to the immortals on this useful idea. I think it'll encourage people to go out and rank more instead of level sitting. Who knows.

Captain Average
To the Semi-Rescue

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRandom skill at level thing [View all] , DwE, Tue 10-Jun-03 07:08 PM
Reply RE: Random skill at level thing, CaptainAverage, 14-Jun-03 12:35 PM #7
Reply RE: Random skill at level thing, Racli, 19-Jun-03 02:13 AM, #8
Reply RE: Random skill at level thing, Zulghinlour, 10-Jun-03 07:12 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Random skill at level thing, Mayaletha, 10-Jun-03 10:20 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Random skill at level thing, Valguarnera, 10-Jun-03 10:35 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Random skill at level thing, Mayaletha, 10-Jun-03 10:59 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Random skill at level thing, Quislet, 12-Jun-03 05:03 PM, #5
          Reply Nope., Valguarnera, 12-Jun-03 05:34 PM, #6
               Reply RE: Nope., Racli, 19-Jun-03 02:16 AM, #9
                    Reply Been discussed:, Valguarnera, 19-Jun-03 02:27 AM, #10
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1235 Previous topic | Next topic