Subject: "Okay, here's some change!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11712
Show all folders

TroubleSun 08-Jan-06 02:05 AM
Member since 10th Nov 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11738, "Okay, here's some change!"

I actually wasn't dismissing the Outlander powers, in many situations they do work fine. But in combat, the 2 most powerful are incredible easy to render completely ineffective by almost all classes facing them. No other cabal has their combat oriented powers so easily disrupted. That's the main focus of my argument.

Since it's obvious that a certain power similar to a shadow sect power skill will never be available to Outlanders, I was suggesting below another substitute.

Let's face it, if you battle almost anyone, the first thing they try to do is turn you pink (mages, shaman, healers). Even warriors and thieves can try to smoke you out with roots. Once you are pink, chameleon is no longer an option so it's harder to get time to heal, prep, etc.. The 'foresthome' below would allow you to get to another woods, heal, then come back if need be.

Beast call is very useful. Also incredibly easy to get around for a large number of classes. Not all, but many. And it only attacks the intial person called on. It is not something I would ever depend on.

And while windwalk is good for crossing water, and helps many classes move much faster, try running back for a raid from say, the pine forest. You'll never make it. Heck, the closest recall point is the Jade Mountains I think and most don't have that as their place. And few of the outlanders have recall potions. Teleports, yes, but recalls are a lot more difficult to come by for non-magic classes.

Now raid the spire. How soon are they back?

Raid the Palace. Attack the first centurions to give them a warning and how soon are they back? (Hamsah recall)

If I remember some of your earlier characters correctly, they were all very good Outlanders and knew how to use the powers well. I have some idea of the powers from a few different characters and recognize their limitations as well as their benefits.

Do they need a complete revamp? Heck no. But given some of the other limitations, I don't think something like the power I mentioned below is not out of line.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicYet *another* Outlander idea [View all] , Trouble, Sat 07-Jan-06 12:44 PM
Reply Two Cents and a Penny for Thoughts, WildGirl, 08-Jan-06 01:13 AM, #13
Reply Okay, here's some change!, Trouble, 08-Jan-06 02:05 AM #15
     Reply But you're missing..., WildGirl, 08-Jan-06 04:02 AM, #16
          Reply RE: But you're missing..., Larcat, 08-Jan-06 04:52 AM, #18
Reply RE: Yet *another* Outlander idea, nepenthe, 07-Jan-06 06:30 PM, #1
     Reply Tangential question:, Tac, 07-Jan-06 06:40 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Tangential question:, nepenthe, 07-Jan-06 06:45 PM, #3
          Reply Hrmm..., Tac, 07-Jan-06 06:55 PM, #4
               Reply I think he's talking about something BARTERED FOR in th..., Wilhath, 07-Jan-06 06:56 PM, #5
                    Reply No, I'm not., Tac, 07-Jan-06 06:57 PM, #6
                         Reply I'll field it for Neppy., Aiekooso, 07-Jan-06 07:08 PM, #7
                              Reply Really?, Tac, 07-Jan-06 07:18 PM, #8
                              Reply Seems to be level based., Straklaw, 07-Jan-06 07:47 PM, #9
                              Reply This is correct (n/t), nepenthe, 08-Jan-06 01:16 AM, #14
                                   Reply Outlander: The Ultimate Vague Cabal -nt, WildGirl, 08-Jan-06 04:04 AM, #17
     Reply Okay, I think this one is original..., Trouble, 07-Jan-06 09:39 PM, #10
          Reply heh, Aiekooso, 07-Jan-06 09:46 PM, #11
               Reply RE: heh, Trouble, 07-Jan-06 10:16 PM, #12
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11712 Previous topic | Next topic