Subject: "RE: Good idea" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #105
Show all folders

ValguarneraFri 08-Mar-02 05:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108, "RE: Good idea"

Regarding questyness:

Several months before the Academy stuff went in, I ranked a character (with 0 xp penalty, alas) from 1 to 11 (halfway to 12) without ever stopping to intentionally kill mobiles, outside of the requirements of one of the quests, and some minimal self-defense. It took a little longer (*) than sitting around common ranking areas and killing mobs, but was a lot more fun for me, and I was glad to see that the viable alternative pathway works for that much. This is easier for certain alignment/class combinations than others.

I'll readily admit this is impossible (at least for me... quests are numbered, and I know the number I used for the Academy stuff was a very big number, meaning there's a lot more quests than I thought out there) later on, though there's a lot more questy XP out there than most people take advantage of. Also, I didn't get much in the way of exploration XP, though if I had explored a lot, I probably could have gotten to level 12 or so.

The future of CF holds a lot more of this kind of work. As we add more areas, the number of potential XP tricks in your bag grows as well. Keep an eye for new treats in old areas as well.

- Valguarnera

I can't believe you put a lever in there, Valg. Please say it doesn't do what I think it does.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGood idea [View all] , yimadapul, Fri 08-Mar-02 03:19 PM
Reply RE: Good idea, yimadapul, 08-Mar-02 03:51 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Good idea, Crisisman (Guest), 08-Mar-02 04:37 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Good idea, Valguarnera, 08-Mar-02 05:51 PM #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #105 Previous topic | Next topic