Subject: "Personal Mood States (PMS)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1036
Show all folders

ZepachuTue 13-May-03 03:55 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1036, "Personal Mood States (PMS)"
Edited on Tue 13-May-03 04:01 PM

Yet another idea brought to you by Zepachu. This idea would transfer more RP control INTO the game, rather than to who has the 'easier to use' client.

I'm an old-style player of CF, started 9+ years ago. I used Qmodem Pro back then, through a local BBS that offered the Internet (ooo!) and telnetted into Carrion Fields. The only thing at my disposal was normal macros and keymapping, that's it. No triggers. No whatever. And I've remained in that vein until this day, now using a lesser-known terminal called ZOC. You can set up triggers in it (called Automacros / Autoreplies) but I don't use them. I'm still a strickly macro-oriented person, or just type it out kind of person. (Last test: 116wpm)

Anyway.

Without further adieu I present to you, Personal Mood States (PMS).

As it stands, if you type "sle" everyone sees "Jaehiko goes to sleep." If you type "sle passes out." everyone sees "Jaehiko passes out."

I'm unsure exactly how many, but I'm certain a good portion of people use a terminal that will allow them to specify a line for when they rest. I believe it's something like, #alias {rest} {r plops down on the ground and rests.} or something along those lines.

What if this was IN-GAME?

"But Zepachu, HOW?!"

Perhaps the introduction of a "mood" command.

Within this you could set different moods... Angry, Frustrated, Happy, whatever. Within each of them, you'd set the strings for resting, sleeping, etc. Then at the drop of a hat you could type "mood angry" and it would set your mood to angry, and so forth.

I believe this could communicate your mood more effectively to others. Imagine you want a quick mood change. Unless you have a sophisticated client, you'd need to change your macros around and whatever.

I realize this idea is not a NECESSITY, and a person could control this themselves through their client or just by typing, but I believe it would make RPing more encouraged and easier to enact.

It could be implemented something like this:

mood create angry
mood angry set rest r plops down on the ground in a huff.
mood angry set sleep sle lays down and growls in his sleep.
mood angry set... etc.

You'd do that with however many you wanted. It should also be noted that since the player themselves would be the only one who would be able to type 'mood list' and see what was on their list of moods, that it doesn't necessarily need to be restricted WHAT they wanted to call these moods. They could create mood 'normal' or mood 'whatever' for all the code cares.

And then simply as you're playing you could 'mood angry' or 'mood happy' and viola, all your strings are changed.

Zepachu.

P.S. There should be a "mood default" setting so you could just go back to standard "You rest." lines.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPersonal Mood States (PMS) [View all] , Zepachu, Tue 13-May-03 03:55 PM
Reply RE: Personal Mood States (PMS), Isildur, 13-May-03 05:32 PM, #2
Reply RE: Personal Mood States (PMS), Zepachu, 13-May-03 06:00 PM, #3
Reply General answer:, Valguarnera, 13-May-03 04:23 PM, #1
     Reply RE: General answer:, Zepachu, 13-May-03 06:03 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1036 Previous topic | Next topic