Subject: "Im just saying" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1028
Show all folders

XaannixThu 15-May-03 04:15 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1057, "Im just saying"
Edited on Thu 15-May-03 04:56 AM

that sometimes things are 'by design' but they are not ok. If something is 'by design' it doesnt mean its taboo. It doesnt mean it should not be questioned and there is no reason for the stuck up and overbearing attitude regarding a suggestion.

About iron grip, yeah i know about it. There is no reason for Zulg to refer to it 3 times, which is basically ####. Its pre-iron grip that I was refering to, and he knew it. If you get your axe disarmed after you get iron grip, well you deserve whats coming to you. Just like a mage bein tripped to death after he gets fly. Valg, the bug board is for different issues and you know that well.

I did not say its a conspiracy and i never 'harped' about such things before. But we all know exactly how things work. Once enough people bitch about something being lame/overpowered/cheap/abused, it usually gets changed. Hardly ever does it get changed when one person complains unless its obvious that the said skill/power etc is indeed out of whack. No lag on assassinate was such an issue. Nobody really cared when one person complained. Once Padgett and that drow deleted and a zillion other assassins popped out, all trying to assassinate, it got changed.
Sylvan powers is another example. Nobody gave a damn about them being totally out of whack. Once 50 people complained about it, it got changed. Sunray/black panther/falcon the same, nobody cared because there were hardly any druids/panthers around. Nobody gave a damn about the lag on 'rescue' until Arolin and his buddy abused it trying to kill Dullameh. Then it changed. These were not bugs but were things subject to abuse.

The reason nobody complains about this issue is that you dont see many APs out there who have this problem. Why? Because 85% of them suck and never get an axe worth a damn. This issue however can be subject to severe abuse. Basically an out of PK range character can kill the ap. (AP can die to someone who isnt even in PK, period.)

Its not something that happens so often that its a problem but it could become one if enough people play APs and get some nice axes.
I could pay some rank 6 guy who wont get pkd being with me, and i'll tell him to spam 'sac axe' while i spam 'disarm'while being too small to bash and flying. The guy who's sacing the axe is facing ZERO risk, and the guy whos disarming gets another character who cant touch the AP to basically kill his enemy.
Thats just wrong.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicUnholy weapon and pk range [View all] , Xaannix, Tue 13-May-03 01:03 PM
Reply I agree...sorta, The Heretic, 14-May-03 04:10 PM, #12
Reply RE: Unholy weapon and pk range, nepenthe, 13-May-03 11:07 PM, #7
Reply I guess it would be 'overpowered' for out of pkrange ch..., Xaannix, 14-May-03 02:37 AM, #9
Reply RE: Unholy weapon and pk range, Straklaw, 13-May-03 03:07 PM, #3
Reply RE: Unholy weapon and pk range, Valguarnera, 13-May-03 04:27 PM, #5
Reply RE: Unholy weapon and pk range, Zulghinlour, 13-May-03 04:48 PM, #6
Reply RE: Unholy weapon and pk range, Isildur, 13-May-03 11:42 PM, #8
Reply I know, Xaannix, 14-May-03 02:42 AM, #10
Reply RE: Conspiracy!, Valguarnera, 14-May-03 02:51 AM, #11
     Reply Im just saying, Xaannix, 15-May-03 04:56 AM #13
          Reply and as a player of ap's, incognito, 15-May-03 06:52 AM, #17
          Reply RE: Im just saying, Zulghinlour, 15-May-03 11:42 AM, #18
Reply Umm, Xaannix, 15-May-03 05:34 AM, #15
Reply RE: Unholy weapon and pk range, Zulghinlour, 13-May-03 02:49 PM, #2
Reply But Uncle Z, Theerkla, 13-May-03 03:07 PM, #4
Reply Its not beauty, Xaannix, 15-May-03 05:15 AM, #14
     Reply it still has implications for game balance, incognito, 15-May-03 06:44 AM, #16
Reply I disagree, incognito, 13-May-03 02:47 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1028 Previous topic | Next topic