Subject: "RE: Unholy weapon and pk range" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1028
Show all folders

StraklawTue 13-May-03 03:07 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1033, "RE: Unholy weapon and pk range"

>I think that unholy weapons should not be able to be touched
>by anyone outside your pk range. They are far too important
>and too difficult to get for some punk rank 10 to pick up your
>unholy weapon or sacrifice it. They are more important than
>leader weapons since if you lose your leader weapon to a
>crash, you just e-mail the imm and get it back.

In terms of sheer power, yes, an unholy weapon is going to be more important. However, that is part of the reason an unholy weapon is going to be much easier to lose. Leader weapons have some very nice benefits, which is why they also are often considered less powerful than most weapons.

>Maybe just make it so that above a certain number of charges,
>nobody out of pk can touch your weapon. Group goes to fight ap
>and tells some lowbie, rank 14 newbie buddy to spam "sac axe".
>Its just lame.
>Its the same as having muter spam fumble and some lowbie
>spamming "sac axe", or having your unholy weaponbroken by some
>half naked axe spec.

Personally, I find this idea horrid. It goes along the same lines of 90% of the AP unholy weapon posts I see. "Imms, I hate losing my unholy weapon all the time! Can you please make it so I can't lose my weapon by X, Y, and Z?" If it's such a big problem, no-one is forcing you to use unholy blessing to make your weapon grow more powerful with the only drawback being to lose it...which 90% of the time happens when you die anyways (With the removal of taking damage as a ghost when it's sacrificed, the double-death doesn't happen as much). Which means they might even hold it until you unghost, and you can get it back. Otherwise, you've lost everything...which is something that happens to people without unholy weapons pretty often anyways.

FYI: I'm somewhere around 99% certain (Give or take 1%) that your unholy weapon is never going to be weaponbroken by any axe spec, half-naked or not. Even if I had both your axe spec and transmuter coming after me, the only reason I wouldn't want them spamming fumble and weapon breaker is I might be laughing too hard to fight.

>ALso getting powerful unholy weapons stolen is lame. How would
>an ap not realize that his most prized possession is stolen.
>It should burn you if you try to steal it from an AP or
>something *shrug*.

I'm rather confused here. By what reasoning do you see this weapon, hungering for souls, to not be stolen? I'm still trying to figure out why you're not wielding your weapon to begin with (a simple way to prevent theft). Or maybe get creative, and find another way to keep it from being stolen. I can think of a simple way off the top of my head.

>IMHO unholy weapons over a certain amount of charges (15?!),
>shouldnt be touched out of PK and the more powerful the weapon
>is, the more damage it does to out of pk char trying to pick
>it up/sac it.

Now, I *CAN* see the argument of making an unholy weapon more difficult to be destroyed, making those significantly weaker than you unable to destroy it easily. Personally, I've always liked the idea of seeing more unholy weapons floating around for blackmail anyways. It still wouldn't be hard to find someone who *CAN* destroy it, anyways. Also, I might suggest if you want to avoid having your unholy weapon destroyed by lowbies...run away from fights that you think you might lose hold of your weapon, if you see said newbies hanging around.

>Such a change would only improve game balance.

Actually...I'd find to be horribly destructive to game balance. Is there *ANYONE* who would argue that Tikar or Palin were *NOT* the sort of thing people wanted to see? The sort you want to be, yes. But not the sort people want to fight. You're arguing to make this *EASIER*? Keep in mind, game balance is from *MANY* different angles. Heck, I'm just talking from my own player perspective, because that's left up to the much more experienced Imms anyways.

Now, hopefully I didn't sound too harsh, but this is one of those discussions that's been done quite often, and I shudder to think of CF if sickeningly powerful APs start running rampant. But then again, I'm more in favor of orcs having barrier and haste. Oh, and can shapeshift into vicious wolverines. And fly. And have acute vision. And...well heck, just give them slay.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicUnholy weapon and pk range [View all] , Xaannix, Tue 13-May-03 01:03 PM
Reply I agree...sorta, The Heretic, 14-May-03 04:10 PM, #12
Reply RE: Unholy weapon and pk range, nepenthe, 13-May-03 11:07 PM, #7
Reply I guess it would be 'overpowered' for out of pkrange ch..., Xaannix, 14-May-03 02:37 AM, #9
Reply RE: Unholy weapon and pk range, Straklaw, 13-May-03 03:07 PM #3
Reply RE: Unholy weapon and pk range, Valguarnera, 13-May-03 04:27 PM, #5
Reply RE: Unholy weapon and pk range, Zulghinlour, 13-May-03 04:48 PM, #6
Reply RE: Unholy weapon and pk range, Isildur, 13-May-03 11:42 PM, #8
Reply I know, Xaannix, 14-May-03 02:42 AM, #10
Reply RE: Conspiracy!, Valguarnera, 14-May-03 02:51 AM, #11
     Reply Im just saying, Xaannix, 15-May-03 04:56 AM, #13
          Reply and as a player of ap's, incognito, 15-May-03 06:52 AM, #17
          Reply RE: Im just saying, Zulghinlour, 15-May-03 11:42 AM, #18
Reply Umm, Xaannix, 15-May-03 05:34 AM, #15
Reply RE: Unholy weapon and pk range, Zulghinlour, 13-May-03 02:49 PM, #2
Reply But Uncle Z, Theerkla, 13-May-03 03:07 PM, #4
Reply Its not beauty, Xaannix, 15-May-03 05:15 AM, #14
     Reply it still has implications for game balance, incognito, 15-May-03 06:44 AM, #16
Reply I disagree, incognito, 13-May-03 02:47 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1028 Previous topic | Next topic