Subject: "RE: BARTER change - suggestion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3904
Show all folders

LarshalvFri 20-Feb-04 10:20 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
96 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3922, "RE: BARTER change - suggestion"

in the old days there where many means of exchange, gems food bread water gold coppers silvers, one could go on...

However as you said not all would be interested in that really nice dagger, though they would purchase it, but an insane loss for the seller whom most likely would be desperate.

But as far as coins and gems they where set as equal. The past often reflects todays society, even now gems are a good way to trade. I could go into the south african trade, but I dont think it would prove much... *boggle*...

Coins have taken over in the newer days because its easy handling and smaller units. Gems where in the end used mostly for bigger transactions.

My point comes to that make gems a secondary unit of exchange to complement the outlanders/barter. It would not be any outofplace thing to do, nor would it upset anything. And make it at a say twice the price thing. As well as implementing the ammount thing. I cant see the great problem in coding this ither. Not that Im a great coder... Just a bit idealistic. And I like the thing that barter actually has become more usefull in the game as the times its played in would be appropirate.

One could even go as far as villages would be more willing to accept "gems" as currency as they are not that influenced so of the bigger cities. But that Id guess would be an insane job to work out.

Thanks for the imputs.. Just had to rebuttle...

sence does not come in bags, though it can strike as lightning from a clear sky.

LH

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicBARTER change - suggestion [View all] , Malkhar, Thu 19-Feb-04 02:55 PM
Reply RE: BARTER change - suggestion, Sevarecan, 19-Feb-04 05:31 PM, #1
     Reply RE: BARTER change - suggestion, Larshalv, 20-Feb-04 06:02 PM, #2
          Reply RE: BARTER change - suggestion, Valguarnera, 20-Feb-04 07:48 PM, #3
               Reply RE: BARTER change - suggestion, Larshalv, 20-Feb-04 10:20 PM #4
               Reply RE: BARTER change - suggestion, Malkhar, 21-Feb-04 04:08 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3904 Previous topic | Next topic