Subject: "RE: BARTER change - suggestion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3904
Show all folders

ValguarneraFri 20-Feb-04 07:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3918, "RE: BARTER change - suggestion"

Sort of silly to purchase a potion worth 500 for a gem worht 10000.... running about looking for a gem that is worth say 5 times the value of the item your wanting is sort of silly.

The inflation gets bad if you're offering the shopkeeper something they don't particularly want. If you're trying to pay for a pie with a dagger, it's going to have to be a darn good dagger, because otherwise the baker is just going to think "I don't want a dagger. I could sure use some cash to pay the rent, though." If you don't believe me, go to your corner store and try to buy things with baseball cards, your wristwatch, etc.

Cash is always preferable to goods, though. This is both realistic, and healthy from a game-balance perspective.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicBARTER change - suggestion [View all] , Malkhar, Thu 19-Feb-04 02:55 PM
Reply RE: BARTER change - suggestion, Sevarecan, 19-Feb-04 05:31 PM, #1
     Reply RE: BARTER change - suggestion, Larshalv, 20-Feb-04 06:02 PM, #2
          Reply RE: BARTER change - suggestion, Valguarnera, 20-Feb-04 07:48 PM #3
               Reply RE: BARTER change - suggestion, Larshalv, 20-Feb-04 10:20 PM, #4
               Reply RE: BARTER change - suggestion, Malkhar, 21-Feb-04 04:08 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3904 Previous topic | Next topic