Subject: "orc practices and a complete tangent" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2029
Show all folders

ScarabaeusTue 19-Aug-03 12:54 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2031, "orc practices and a complete tangent"

>keep in mind your taking 3 pr's to train anything here and not
>getting very many each level..i think 2?

Since I'm to blame for Orcs, I should mention that I've thought about this some on and off. My first thought when considering the "dumber" races of CF has to do with revamping the skills list entirely. Yeah. Basically every skill would have a primary and secondary stat associated with it. For example, Bash might be associated with STR (how hard you can hit) and DEX (being able to deftly choose a target). Something like Pen might be associated with INT and DEX. Anyway, after making all these associations, the efficacy of any PRACTICE session would be determined by your primary and secondary stats associated with the skill being practiced. Let's face it, an Orc is probably going to learn something like Bash easier than a Human Mage would; instinctively he would be better and intelligence doesn't really have a whole lot to do with it. All in all that would really help out the low intelligence races in the realm of combat-skills where most of them are supposed to excel anyway. However, that's a lot of work for a (possibly) small pay-off.

So another idea was to allow Orcs to practice up higher than 75% in a skill. Using that third practice just to get to 75% is a little brutal. So what if their torturous training procedures allowed them to get a little further? Another staff member pointed out that if Orcs could do that, why couldn't a dedicated warrior do the same. Well, alright. So that one's out.

Personally I'd like to see the first idea implemented some day. But I don't envy the coder that has to do it...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicorc discussion [View all] , Notorious INS, Wed 20-Aug-03 06:35 PM
Reply I just posted some suggestions above., (NOT Pro), 20-Aug-03 04:33 PM, #15
Reply orc practices and a complete tangent, Scarabaeus, 19-Aug-03 12:54 PM #2
Reply RE: orc practices and a complete tangent, Notorious INS, 19-Aug-03 03:28 PM, #4
Reply another possibility, Scarabaeus, 19-Aug-03 04:01 PM, #6
     Reply RE: another possibility, Valkenar, 19-Aug-03 11:46 PM, #11
Reply The odd thing is.., (NOT Pro), 20-Aug-03 04:39 PM, #12
Reply a complete tangent, Ululari, 20-Aug-03 07:11 PM, #16
Reply Couple things:, Valguarnera, 19-Aug-03 12:40 PM, #1
     Reply Do you mean..., dwimmerling, 19-Aug-03 03:04 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Do you mean..., Valguarnera, 19-Aug-03 04:51 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Couple things:, Notorious INS, 19-Aug-03 03:43 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Math:, Valguarnera, 19-Aug-03 05:06 PM, #8
               Reply RE: Math:, Notorious INS, 19-Aug-03 07:19 PM, #9
               Reply RE: Math:, Squirrel, 19-Aug-03 08:29 PM, #10
               Reply RE: Math:, Notorious INS, 21-Aug-03 11:28 AM, #17
               Reply One thing you forgot to take into consideration..., Vladamir, 20-Aug-03 04:56 PM, #13
                    Reply RE: One thing you forgot to take into consideration..., Valguarnera, 20-Aug-03 06:35 PM, #14
                         Reply You know..., Vladamir, 21-Aug-03 01:41 PM, #18
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2029 Previous topic | Next topic