Subject: "RE: Is this thread about heroing, or...?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19416
Show all folders

WarMageThu 04-Oct-07 12:45 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2007
93 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19429, "RE: Is this thread about heroing, or...?"

----You've received great advice below on "how to become a hero." You counter those arguments with stuff like "yeah but other guys have better eq" or "but with that combo won't I be terrible at PK?" and that sort of thing. So...is this thread about heroing? Or "being successful"?

Well, as I said in the very first post of this thread:

:::::Not looking for quest info, or where to get items, but more along the lines of what other people do to get ready for PK, to help them explore, to create good roles, to gather edge points and spend them accordingly, what to look for in terms of areas to learn in. Things like that.:::::

And luckily that is what I am getting back in responce. So to answer you in part, yes I am looking for answer on how to 'be successful', but apart from that, I was also interested in the other things that I mentioned in the post above as well, (part of which was advice on heroing, exploration, pk battles, etc.).

Also, the "yeah but the other guys have better EQ," and, " but wont that combo be terrible at PK" is only the basic gist of the responce that I gave. Apart from that, those aren't the full 'arguments', but rather lead ins to further questions that try and get more information. Looking back on what I posted, I was actually asking how other players respond to that type of situation (gear choices, and pk abilities). Do they consider those types of problems when they are making their character? Is a class that can Hide/sn/camo/invis etc, better to help counteract huge gaps in gear power? Or would it make more sense to go with something that can merely go toe to toe with whatever it is so I don't get rocked too hard right out of the gate?

It if sounded like it was coming off as whiny, that was not my intention at all. I merely stated things that had been happening to me, and was curious how some players might choose their class and pk situations based on similar scenarios. My apologies if I didn't make that clear in other posts.

---If the real thing you want is a char who people remember for months/years, then I suggest you follow the advice of the guy who said pick something interesting to you and play it until it dies. You will hero. You will be remembered (for a while).

Very true, and I agree with both you and the guy who mentioned it as well.

News flash, everybody on this ####ing MUD wants to be Rambo. We should have called it RamboMUD. ~Daevryn~

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicVeteranNewb in dire need of HELP! [View all] , WarMage, Wed 03-Oct-07 02:52 PM
Reply RE: VeteranNewb in dire need of HELP!, Dervish, 07-Oct-07 08:19 AM, #20
Reply RE: VeteranNewb in dire need of HELP!, WarMage, 07-Oct-07 09:37 AM, #21
Reply RE: VeteranNewb in dire need of HELP!, Isildur, 03-Oct-07 08:43 PM, #10
Reply RE: VeteranNewb in dire need of HELP!, WarMage, 04-Oct-07 12:46 AM, #14
Reply Is this thread about heroing, or...?, Twist, 03-Oct-07 07:20 PM, #9
Reply RE: Is this thread about heroing, or...?, WarMage, 04-Oct-07 12:45 AM #13
Reply RE: VeteranNewb in dire need of HELP!, Daevryn, 03-Oct-07 04:25 PM, #3
Reply RE: VeteranNewb in dire need of HELP!, WarMage, 03-Oct-07 05:26 PM, #4
     Reply Down times, rp and the like., Treebeard, 03-Oct-07 05:58 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Down times, rp and the like., WarMage, 04-Oct-07 12:48 AM, #15
Reply Best advice I can give, A2, 03-Oct-07 03:38 PM, #2
Reply RE: Best advice I can give, WarMage, 03-Oct-07 05:39 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Best advice I can give, Daevryn, 03-Oct-07 10:25 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Best advice I can give, WarMage, 04-Oct-07 01:06 AM, #16
               Reply Save a couple for con. Play to con death., elmeri_, 04-Oct-07 04:10 AM, #18
Reply Heroing, ORB, 03-Oct-07 03:15 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Heroing, WarMage, 03-Oct-07 05:43 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Heroing, Lyeden, 03-Oct-07 06:12 PM, #8
          Reply RE: Heroing, ORB, 03-Oct-07 09:14 PM, #11
               Reply RE: Heroing, WarMage, 04-Oct-07 01:27 AM, #17
                    Reply Healer can make anyone a tank., DurNominator, 04-Oct-07 09:52 AM, #19
                    Reply Healers and Paladins, Valkenar, 09-Oct-07 12:24 PM, #22
                         Reply What makes AP easier than orc in your book?, DurNominator, 09-Oct-07 12:31 PM, #23
                              Reply RE: What makes AP easier than orc in your book?, Valkenar, 09-Oct-07 02:27 PM, #24
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19416 Previous topic | Next topic