Subject: "Alcohol, Blood, and Standardization" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19072
Show all folders

TacFri 31-Aug-07 10:43 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19072, "Alcohol, Blood, and Standardization"

Sorry, but I'm picking on this because I tried a bard out a little bit ago and realized just how f-ing huge alcohol containers seem to be (at least when they're filled with alcohol). I'm not sure how many drinks are in, say, a large tankard filled with ale, but I'm guessing it's 50ish. I don't know if this was standardized down when that all went through, but it's still a lot. On the flip side, you've got blood containers which contain 5-10 drinks for orcs. Seems to me that if a bard can get the mileage out of their alcoholic beverages that they do, that an orc should be able to get some good mileage out of bloody skins, and something much closer to their old mileage out of the skins which aren't self-created.

I know I've brought this up before, but perhaps with the alcohol counterpoint, someone might take me seriously...

One more point... It's a sad sad day when orcs are carrying healing pills (1 round of lag) instead of blood around for healing. I mean, blood is free, available from multiple sources, and doesn't have eating lag... If orcs are using pills instead, I think that means somethings is wrong in the blood drinking department.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAlcohol, Blood, and Standardization [View all] , Tac, Fri 31-Aug-07 10:43 AM
Reply And you drink alcohol like water? nt, DurNominator, 31-Aug-07 12:40 PM, #1
     Reply This is the difference., Valguarnera, 31-Aug-07 01:54 PM, #2
          Reply I realize that..., Tac, 31-Aug-07 02:31 PM, #3
               Reply RE: I realize that..., Valguarnera, 31-Aug-07 03:32 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19072 Previous topic | Next topic