Subject: "Grouping as a newbie" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #542
Show all folders

mharrisonThu 11-Nov-04 11:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
7 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#542, "Grouping as a newbie"

I recently started a character which I am very proud of because I have taken the time to think out his background and goals. I started playing again recently after a long break. Before I started playing I read all the literature on how CF wanted to steer people away from solo ranking and mindless practicing and towards intereaction and RP. I totally agree with the direction CF wishes to take.
The problem is I have found myself doing exactly what we are trying to discourage. This is due to the fact that I can never find someone to group with. Therefore, I wander around bored fighting alone and basically practicing my skills. Albeit by rank 7 I have mastered 4 skills. But is that what we want? I am patient and do not mind the solo bit but I game to intereact and RP a bit. Hard to do if all the old players are off doing their BOT 1-20 program banging through all the quests and collecting gear alone. So I ask is there anything that can encouage more grouping and less go it alone before rank 11??

Thank you for any response.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGrouping as a newbie [View all] , mharrison, Thu 11-Nov-04 11:52 AM
Reply What might encourage more grouping, incognito, 11-Nov-04 01:57 PM, #2
Reply You crack me up., Nivek1, 11-Nov-04 03:42 PM, #3
     Reply You're right, incognito, 11-Nov-04 07:32 PM, #4
          Reply Of course I'm right., Nivek1, 12-Nov-04 10:03 AM, #5
Reply must be your class or something, incognito, 11-Nov-04 01:56 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #542 Previous topic | Next topic