Subject: "Grouping as a newbie" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #542
Show all folders

mharrisonThu 11-Nov-04 11:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
7 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#542, "Grouping as a newbie"

I recently started a character which I am very proud of because I have taken the time to think out his background and goals. I started playing again recently after a long break. Before I started playing I read all the literature on how CF wanted to steer people away from solo ranking and mindless practicing and towards intereaction and RP. I totally agree with the direction CF wishes to take.
The problem is I have found myself doing exactly what we are trying to discourage. This is due to the fact that I can never find someone to group with. Therefore, I wander around bored fighting alone and basically practicing my skills. Albeit by rank 7 I have mastered 4 skills. But is that what we want? I am patient and do not mind the solo bit but I game to intereact and RP a bit. Hard to do if all the old players are off doing their BOT 1-20 program banging through all the quests and collecting gear alone. So I ask is there anything that can encouage more grouping and less go it alone before rank 11??

Thank you for any response.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

incognitoThu 11-Nov-04 01:57 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#544, "What might encourage more grouping"
In response to Reply #0

at low level, is if mobs didn't always fail their skills (like trip, disarm, etc.

The fact that they are rubbish at their skills makes fighting them pretty easy, coupled with the fact that a good ac makes you near invulnerable as any class.

Nivek1Thu 11-Nov-04 03:42 PM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#545, "You crack me up."
In response to Reply #2

B, you have this really wierd habit of posting something, then adding a second thought right after in another post. Why don't you just wait until that second thought comes and add it, and THEN hit the submit button?

You're still my hero, regardless.

Kevin.

incognitoThu 11-Nov-04 07:32 PM
4495 posts
#546, "You're right"
In response to Reply #3

I think the first post starts my brain ticking over, and then the second is the result.

Nivek1Fri 12-Nov-04 10:03 AM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#547, "Of course I'm right."
In response to Reply #4

I wouldn't have pointed it out except I've seen you do it for years now, in almost every thread you're involved in.

I'll be in London next summer. Come down and say hi.

K

incognitoThu 11-Nov-04 01:56 PM
4495 posts
#543, "must be your class or something"
In response to Reply #0

I'm assuming you know about the "who group" command.

That said, there are usually plenty of people grouping even at low levels. Maybe they are just already grouped when you ask.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #542 Previous topic | Next topic