Subject: "Is mana an IC term?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #514
Show all folders

CalionTue 21-Sep-04 02:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#521, "Is mana an IC term?"

I've always been somewhat hesitant to use it IC, because the impression I get in game is that other players tend not to use it. However, to me it seems like it could be a perfectly good, everyday Theran word to describe one's "mind/mental energy/power/stamina/focus" or whatever. Some characters mostly use this mental strength to cast spells, others to call upon the power of their deity, or just for concentration on any of the more "mundane" skills. But the "source", if you will, is still the same. Mana is such a nice, compact word to describe all this, and gets the point across immediately. So would any imms comment on the (non-?)appropriateness of mana as an IC term?

Help mana quote:

"Mana is the amount of energy one can put to use with their mind, in the casting of spells, communing of supplications, or calling of powers. It also entails the ability to focus your mind to prepare. To regain mental stamina, it is helpful to rest the mind by rest or sleep."

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicquick question [View all] , Mizala, Mon 20-Sep-04 08:13 PM
Reply RE: quick question, Mizala, 21-Sep-04 09:17 AM, #6
Reply RE: quick question, nepenthe, 20-Sep-04 10:49 PM, #4
Reply RE: quick question, Mostly Harmless, 20-Sep-04 10:43 PM, #3
Reply OOC issues refered to ICly: Cheatsheet and tips, Splntrd, 20-Sep-04 10:36 PM, #2
Reply RE: OOC issues refered to ICly: Cheatsheet and tips, incognito, 21-Sep-04 03:30 AM, #5
Reply Much more in-depth than mine, w/good ideas, bravo (nt), Splntrd, 21-Sep-04 10:21 PM, #8
Reply Is mana an IC term?, Calion, 21-Sep-04 02:38 PM #7
Reply RE: quick question, Cassman, 20-Sep-04 08:54 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #514 Previous topic | Next topic