Subject: "RE: quick question" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #514
Show all folders

Mostly HarmlessMon 20-Sep-04 10:43 PM
Member since 30th Nov 2003
20 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#517, "RE: quick question"

>I was playing a little while ago, and I got a message that
>said 'You feel a divine influence leading you on to new found
>experiences,' (or something to that effect) and gained like
>500 xp. I assume an IMM must have done it, but I'm wondering
>what the usual reason for that is. Was it because of something
>I actually did, or were they just having a good day or what?

A good role, good description, and good RP are all candidates. Take it to mean that they're watching, and appreciate whatever effore you're putting forth. Keep it up, and other goodies (more bonus exp, lastname, titles, Immteractions, etc.) may find their way to you. But don't RP only when you think they're watching, because *peer* they're always watching.

>Also, should tells be considered IC, or is it okay to talk
>about things like levels and loggign out and such?

Everything is IC, unless (as was said below) it's the newbie channel, or certain chats with the Imms, specifically if they tell you it's an OOC talk, or if you're reporting a typo (help typo) or rules (help rules) violation.

As far as discussing logging out and levels, there are way to talk about them IC. Gaining ranks, learning, pleasing your guildmaster, etc, are all things you hear regarding levels (or, like, "...that warrior of the fifteenth title/rank"). Talking about going to sleep, going home, or simply "it's time I take my leave," etc are good ways to log out. The best advice I can give is to listen around, and see what everyone else does. You'll find your own style soon enough.

>And btw, you guys have got a great game here. I just joined a
>couple of days ago, but it's been a long time since I've had
>this much fun on a Mud. I just wish I had more time to play.
>

Isn't CF just the best? I think I speak for most when I say kudos for asking these sorts of questions, especially in this manner. You'll appreciate your experience more if you go into it with a good understanding of the world you're walking through. Take it at your own pace - not everyone has oodles of hours a day to devote to playing. And that's what's great about it - you don't have to. So long as you're enjoying yourself, that's all that matters.

-----
"In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri."

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicquick question [View all] , Mizala, Mon 20-Sep-04 08:13 PM
Reply RE: quick question, Mizala, 21-Sep-04 09:17 AM, #6
Reply RE: quick question, nepenthe, 20-Sep-04 10:49 PM, #4
Reply RE: quick question, Mostly Harmless, 20-Sep-04 10:43 PM #3
Reply OOC issues refered to ICly: Cheatsheet and tips, Splntrd, 20-Sep-04 10:36 PM, #2
Reply RE: OOC issues refered to ICly: Cheatsheet and tips, incognito, 21-Sep-04 03:30 AM, #5
Reply Much more in-depth than mine, w/good ideas, bravo (nt), Splntrd, 21-Sep-04 10:21 PM, #8
Reply Is mana an IC term?, Calion, 21-Sep-04 02:38 PM, #7
Reply RE: quick question, Cassman, 20-Sep-04 08:54 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #514 Previous topic | Next topic