Subject: "Movement (Chasing/Fleeing) and Preps" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3954
Show all folders

newish-warrior (Anonymous)Sun 09-Dec-12 06:44 PM
Charter member
#3954, "Movement (Chasing/Fleeing) and Preps"

So, as a semi-new player (played a little a couple years ago), I seem to be on the wrong side of the zerg right now--constantly hunted by outlander and fortress. I've figured out that I need to prep if I'm going to stand a chance in fights. As a warrior, without preps, pretty much any player out there can just stand in melee and shred me with their auto attacks. Of course, even if I have *some* preps, it's very tough to figure out which ones I need and how ti find them. Then, rarely do I actually get a chance to apply them. If I'm by myself, even frequently using WHERE, enemy players are on top of me before I can execute more than an action or two.

The short of it is, everyone else seems to move much more quickly and more accurately through zones. Even ones where you'd think WHERE won't be that helpful, like the Sea. Is it simply experience that makes them quicker? Are there client modifications that help here? It's almost impossible for me to run and prepare, since I get squished before I can run. Flee-quaff sometimes works, although that's failed more than once recently (bashed down). That's not a failsafe either, since the cities are pretty much free for alls without a functioning Tribunal cabal.

In the rare times when I am winning a fight, normally because there's more of us than them, I can't catch anyone. In the time it takes to type "n; murder <name>", the other guy is gone. Even using a targeting alias is too slow.

Trying to not complain too much, but the fact is, every fight I get (that's not 2v1 in my favor) is a one sided squashing and I'd love to get better. The lack of out of game resources is frustrating, although I do use the maps on Dios. If I want to learn something, it comes down to wasting some vet's time and having them hold my hand--which neither they nor I want.

Suggestions?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMovement (Chasing/Fleeing) and Preps [View all] , newish-warrior (Anonymous), Sun 09-Dec-12 06:44 PM
Reply RE: Movement (Chasing/Fleeing) and Preps, Isildur, 06-Jan-13 06:28 PM, #9
Reply RE: Movement (Chasing/Fleeing) and Preps, Daevryn, 09-Dec-12 11:24 PM, #5
Reply Alas, you cannot go that way., Artificial, 09-Dec-12 10:39 PM, #4
Reply I learned to chase..., Lhydia, 09-Dec-12 08:06 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I learned to chase..., newish-warrior (Anonymous), 09-Dec-12 09:04 PM, #2
          Reply You don't need anyone to gear you, -flso, 09-Dec-12 10:09 PM, #3
          Reply Good gear at low lvls isn't a sign of others gearing yo..., Amberion, 10-Dec-12 05:27 AM, #6
          Reply RE: Good gear at low lvls isn't a sign of others gearin..., Retan, 10-Dec-12 08:25 AM, #7
          Reply RE: I learned to chase..., incognito, 17-Dec-12 08:18 AM, #8
               Reply RE: I learned to chase..., Isildur, 06-Jan-13 06:37 PM, #10
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3954 Previous topic | Next topic