Subject: "Disagree again" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3907
Show all folders

TsunamiThu 18-Oct-12 08:47 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3923, "Disagree again"

"Too weak = Having a hard time as a newbie and not enjoying it."

No, what I meant by "too weak" is the inability to see through the tears. The emotional take over that apparently precludes him from counting. Too weak in terms of will power to accept that you don't start off as top dog and see how fun the game is even while getting beat down.

"Liar... well, that's pretty normal for newbs that are upset (and vets too for that matter)."

Just because vets do it doesn't make it ok. They should be ashamed of their selves too.

"Does this invalidate my point? That being a #### to newbs makes them leave? Just so people can feel "big"?"

Nope. Sure doesn't. However, no one is being a #### to him just to feel big, so your point doesn't apply. They killed an enemy once, except in only one case twice. That's what happens in carrion fields. You kill your enemies. Not going to curb that so we can get newbies. That's dumb and dishonest to them.

"Ultimately today's whining newb is tomorrows decent vet, in some cases. But I can't recall many cases of an asshole changing the way they play. Fact is, many people are put off staying around to learn to compete because sad vets are using them to pad their pk count."

We have enough whiny newbs turned whiny vets. I want more RobDarkens and LegoBelts. The ones that seem to do just fine without throwing a tantrum every time they lose like Jerrokrar and Funnyone do. As for people put off because sad vets are using them to pad their pk count? Maybe some leave because of that. Probably the ones I don't care to have playing here. The ones that will whine over every lose, or every time they think someone is cheating. Now, had you said:

"Fact is, many people are put off staying around to learn to compete"

That would be a different story. I'm certain the learning curve is hard for many to overcome. The added part about sad vets and pk counts? ####, it's Carrion Fields. Changing that is changing the game. There are plenty of MUDs around that cater to that attitude, so we don't need to change ours to fit that model.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMy 2 week experience on your MUD [View all] , One of your new players (Anonymous), Wed 17-Oct-12 05:05 PM
Reply Advice for new players, -flso, 18-Oct-12 12:27 PM, #11
Reply RE: My 2 week experience on your MUD, Zulghinlour, 17-Oct-12 07:44 PM, #2
Reply I thoroughly appreciated this post. nt, Artificial, 18-Oct-12 02:39 AM, #3
Reply Don't give up buddy, Grippledank_1 (Anonymous), 18-Oct-12 06:34 AM, #4
Reply 2 cents., Bajula, 18-Oct-12 11:07 AM, #7
     Reply RE: 2 cents., DurNominator, 18-Oct-12 11:42 AM, #8
     Reply RE: 2 cents., TheDude, 18-Oct-12 11:53 AM, #9
     Reply RE: red, Quixotic, 18-Oct-12 11:54 AM, #10
     Reply RE: 2 cents., Bajula, 19-Oct-12 07:56 AM, #15
     Reply RE: 2 cents., KaguMaru, 28-Oct-12 08:43 AM, #17
Reply Why anonymous?, Tsunami, 17-Oct-12 05:54 PM, #1
     Reply Perhaps, incognito, 18-Oct-12 07:25 AM, #5
          Reply What, Tsunami, 18-Oct-12 10:14 AM, #6
               Reply Another interpretation, incognito, 18-Oct-12 07:16 PM, #12
                    Reply Disagree again, Tsunami, 18-Oct-12 08:47 PM #13
                         Reply RE: Disagree again, incognito, 19-Oct-12 02:08 AM, #14
                              Reply What? But we agree..., Tsunami, 19-Oct-12 11:13 AM, #16
                                   Reply RE: What? But we agree..., KaguMaru, 28-Oct-12 09:09 AM, #18
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3907 Previous topic | Next topic