Subject: "From what I could tell." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3437
Show all folders

HomardWed 07-Sep-11 03:57 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3438, "From what I could tell."

First of all, sometimes when you put on an item you will get an echo that indicates that Gates is being put to use. I never thought to try and figure out if those echoes came at certain threshold (-100AC; -150AC) or if it only came from an item that bumped your AC a certain degree (likely more than -10AC.)

However, if I remember correctly, if you are completely naked and put on a decent piece of gear you will get the echo, meaning that it likely doesn't 'kick in,' but rather is a sliding scale that starts as soon as you're wearing any single significantly hefty piece of gear.

Only an IMM could say whether it has a cap or not, but the fact is that there is a hard limit to just how low you can get your AC with gear. After all, you only have so many slots. From what I could tell, though, it scales more steeply the lower you go (ie. -300 to -400 is better DR than -200 to -300.) By the time I got to -400 (though I also had resist and inherent stoneskin) I was seeing absolutely absurd damage reduction. I remember in one fight against the Archmage of the HTOS, my group was taking ***DEMOS*** and I was taking decimates.

Good luck with this awesome legacy.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGates of the forge. [View all] , Wawayah (Anonymous), Wed 07-Sep-11 03:44 PM
Reply RE: Gates of the forge., Daevryn, 07-Sep-11 03:59 PM, #2
Reply From what I could tell., Homard, 07-Sep-11 03:57 PM #1
     Reply Thanks for the advice and would appreciate you or Daevr..., Wawayah (Anonymous), 08-Sep-11 03:15 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Thanks for the advice and would appreciate you or D..., Kirslamix, 08-Sep-11 07:49 AM, #4
          Reply I get the sense (and I might be wrong) that only gear -..., Homard, 08-Sep-11 08:54 AM, #5
          Reply My advice - don't worry about it., Twist, 08-Sep-11 12:32 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Thanks for the advice and would appreciate you or D..., Daevryn, 08-Sep-11 01:09 PM, #7
               Reply Thank you all again, food for thought., Wawayah (Anonymous), 08-Sep-11 03:49 PM, #8
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3437 Previous topic | Next topic