Subject: "Couple things:" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2597
Show all folders

ValguarneraTue 23-Feb-10 08:06 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2601, "Couple things:"

The only interaction freely given so far is a surely well-intentioned but ill-received trick that turned my character into the opposite sex

This is an automated impact of something in the game, and has nothing to do with the staff.

No one is giving me that chance.

It seems that you first went to one Immortal, who empowered you much of the way and gave you a task. You did not complete the task, then approached a second Immortal. (This is rather significant.) You have recently been praying from a third Immortal's shrine, with stops at other Immortals' shrines.

Your emails to a fourth Immortal were apparently answered, beginning three weeks ago. You've barely played the character (~1 hour in February, short logons) recently.

It's entirely probable that you're creating a lot of confusion with all of this, and the reason you aren't empowered today is probably because of any or all of: no one knows who you're seeking, someone is waiting for you to complete the task you were handed, someone is hoping you'd take the advice you were emailed, or someone thinks the character is dormant.

Taking the issue to the forums is not a good idea. An email to the staff would have been more effective if you had a concern that someone was being unfair or neglectful. For now, I'm locking this thread and recommending that you review the helpfiles on Empowerment, deal with the matter IC, and pick a clear path.

I can't delete and remake the character to spark some life-changing roleplay event in him that causes him to forsake all of his prior vows, because the name will go unusable permanently at this point (not that I want to do that, but it was nice to think it was an option)

Addendum: I don't ever recommend doing this. We don't permit name re-use once that character has progressed very far because we don't was confusion between different "versions" of the same person, who ICly should be different people. I know you've already done this (this name is a re-roll of a very similar pre-purge character who was declined for empowerment), and we're being lenient, but for the future: it's never going to help.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy

Locked TopicI'm at the end of my rope. [View all] , Wayward Knight, Tue 23-Feb-10 02:03 AM
Reply Couple things:, Valguarnera, 23-Feb-10 08:06 AM #4
Reply Yea, Rodriguez, 23-Feb-10 05:23 AM, #3
Reply You have several problems, incognito, 23-Feb-10 03:38 AM, #2
Reply RE: I'm at the end of my rope., Wayward Knight, 23-Feb-10 02:09 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2597 Previous topic | Next topic