Subject: "RE: assassins" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2217
Show all folders

IsildurFri 08-Aug-08 08:47 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2239, "RE: assassins"

>1.) poison darts. Just how useful are they?

I've never found them very useful. Sleep darts are useful while ranking, since they confer a sort of slowing effect. You can also use them on cabal outers if you really need to kill it as quickly as possible. I'm semi-sure that the outer doesn't say anything on cb when you dart him. You can also use them on someone you've strangled. Though...I've never found the "strangle and dust/darts" to be a very effective tactic.

Anyway...I'd practice darts, but I wouldn't spend a lot of time spamming them or anything. There is a semi-useful edge you can get, though, that I think is tied to poison darts skill. Useful if you fight invokers at least.

>When stalking your victim, if you pop
>into view for just a moment as you drink water, etc... does it
>mess up your stalking?

There's a lot of guesswork out there. According to some recent nepenthe posts, it sounds like there's no penalty for momentarily stepping out as long as the target doesn't see you.

>How many stalks should you try for before
>attempting the assassination?

Depends somewhat on your assassinate skill. It seems like assassins with perfected assassinate get into the "reasonable success rate" territory after 3-4 stalks. For assassins whose assassinate isn't perfected or close to perfected...which is most assassins....I'd say try for at least six. I don't have any "hard data" to back up that number.

>How long does stalking success last in
>absence of your victim (i.e. no longer in the same area)?

It lasts for a while. Though, I've never been sure if you slowly "lose" stalks, or if they all disappear "at once". Just thinking about how I would code stalking, I'm leaning towards the former.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicassassins [View all] , mage, Tue 05-Aug-08 10:07 PM
Reply Assassinate, mage, 20-Aug-08 03:45 PM, #3
Reply RE: Assassinate, Daevryn, 20-Aug-08 04:06 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Assassinate, mage, 20-Aug-08 04:55 PM, #5
Reply RE: assassins, Isildur, 08-Aug-08 08:47 AM #2
Reply RE: assassins, Daevryn, 05-Aug-08 11:05 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2217 Previous topic | Next topic