Subject: "assassins" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2217
Show all folders

mageTue 05-Aug-08 10:07 PM
Member since 05th Apr 2008
248 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2217, "assassins"
Edited on Tue 05-Aug-08 10:08 PM

I've recently taken another crack at assassins. I'm always pretty good with them up to about level 30 before I start getting reckless and wasting lots of con. I've only had an assassin reach 35 once, and shortly after, RL circumstances dictated a prolonged hiatus from CF and so I just deleted him (or he poofed. I can't remember.) Anyway, as a result I have very little experience from that point on.

At the moment, there are two aspects I'm wondering about, with several questions in each.

1.) poison darts. Just how useful are they? The last assassin I had at 35 spent a lot of time practicing them during some boring times online, but then never got any practical use out of them. Sleep, confusion, acid. Confusion seems pretty self-explanitory, since I was around before Entropy went away, and I remember the confusion effect (also experienced in other ways since then). But what about sleep, and acid? Sleep darts never seemed to put anyone to sleep. And acid I never did figure out what it did, other than some very minor damage; just seemed like a huge waste of time.

2.) stalk + assassinate I've heard a lot of varying information on this. When stalking your victim, if you pop into view for just a moment as you drink water, etc... does it mess up your stalking? If so, how much? Is it just that one stalking session, or does it reach back into previous stalking sessions too? How many stalks should you try for before attempting the assassination? Is it possible to over-stalk (some people have said "more than 5 or 6 stalks and you start to lose effectiveness), or can you stalk indefinitely, progressively increasing your chances until it's almost a garentee? (I realize that RNG and skill percentage come into play as well.) If you leave the area your victim is in, for just a moment (between stalking sessions maybe) because you have to drink/eat/answer cabal-mates bugging you, does THAT ruin your stalking? How long does stalking success last in absence of your victim (i.e. no longer in the same area)?

I think that about covers it. That's more than I thought I would be asking about when I started writing to this, but the more I wrote, the more questions from the past came back to me.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicassassins [View all] , mage, Tue 05-Aug-08 10:07 PM
Reply Assassinate, mage, 20-Aug-08 03:45 PM, #3
Reply RE: Assassinate, Daevryn, 20-Aug-08 04:06 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Assassinate, mage, 20-Aug-08 04:55 PM, #5
Reply RE: assassins, Isildur, 08-Aug-08 08:47 AM, #2
Reply RE: assassins, Daevryn, 05-Aug-08 11:05 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2217 Previous topic | Next topic