Subject: "RE: Tiger claw vs Shaman?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2726
Show all folders

DaevrynThu 29-Jul-10 06:03 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2727, "RE: Tiger claw vs Shaman?"

>Hello,
>
>I wonder if tigerclaw will render a shaman (or any communer)
>unable to use its maledictions on me.

Nope. You don't need to speak to commune.

>Since, as an assassin, I can't hide from duergar Shamans, any
>tips on how to win a fight (beside using their light and wrath
>vulns and dual wield) would be most welcomed: I've been
>fighting many and only able to flee or die.

1) If you're hidden in forests or many other kinds of wild terrain, a duergar can't see you.

2) NPC healers and malediction cure potions/pills are helpful; so is bindwounds.

3) Having a teleport potion in your inventory is a good way to escape if you have to.

4) Getting the shaman's weapon and/or shield out of his hands via your crippling techniques (mostly kote/kans) is usually possible. While this doesn't stop communing, it will reduce their melee damage and more importantly, their ability to deflect your melee attacks.

5) Command denial (lag) attacks will slow down communing. Throw is a good early option and remains good in the case that protective shield isn't up; otherwise, you're probably looking at mountain storm kick or double spin kick.

6) -spell gear will make most communes less likely to land; +strength gear will make it harder for poison/plague/weaken/famish/wither/etc. to disarm you.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTiger claw vs Shaman? [View all] , vorian, Thu 29-Jul-10 05:29 PM
Reply RE: Other questions about Assassin's skills, vorian, 30-Jul-10 06:00 PM, #3
Reply RE: Other questions about Assassin's skills, Daevryn, 31-Jul-10 10:54 AM, #4
     Reply Thank you! n/t, vorian, 31-Jul-10 01:18 PM, #5
     Reply acidic darts, incognito, 01-Aug-10 02:04 PM, #6
Reply I spent a couple minute in game ICly going over this wi..., Gobl, 30-Jul-10 01:28 PM, #2
Reply RE: Tiger claw vs Shaman?, Daevryn, 29-Jul-10 06:03 PM #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2726 Previous topic | Next topic