Subject: "RE: Not really expecting much from this query..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Twist / Gurgthock Topic #303
Show all folders

DaevrynTue 01-Dec-09 01:23 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#306, "RE: Not really expecting much from this query..."

>How did you all come up with that idea? How hard was the
>original implementation?

I think the original idea was mine, with Cador (who wrote the code) and I think Twist contributing ideas as we hashed it out.

My idea at the time being that most cabals had some kind of power which in some sense either forced you to play by their rules or set some kind of consequence for not doing so, e.g., Battle's spellbane made casting spells on them, something you'd normally want to do as a mage, not such a great idea, Tribunal's wanted let them assign consequences for breaking the law, and so on. Knights didn't really have that, and it seemed interesting to give them some kind of capacity to force an enemy to fight them with numerical parity if not honor in a broader sense.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNot really expecting much from this query... [View all] , TheLastMohican, Sun 29-Nov-09 06:41 PM
Reply RE: Not really expecting much from this query..., Daevryn, 01-Dec-09 01:23 PM #3
Reply That's actually several questions, but:, Twist, 29-Nov-09 09:03 PM, #1
     Reply You da man. NT, TheLastMohican, 30-Nov-09 12:26 AM, #2
Top Twist / Gurgthock Topic #303 Previous topic | Next topic