Subject: "RE: Hee hee. Fences." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #849
Show all folders

IgsoehFri 15-Dec-06 05:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#855, "RE: Hee hee. Fences."

The immigration problem on the corporate side is, I believe, merely a matter of enforcing the laws on the books. The laws are there, but catching someone for hiring illegals isn't half as sexy as busting a drug dealer, or catching a murder suspect, etc. It's like the whole gun-control thing, don't quote me exactly, but I read about a case where a town cracked down and starting enforcing the laws on the books. All the gun-control advocates started getting all giddy because it seemed, from an outsider's viewpoint, that new laws for gun-control were being put in place, when in fact all they did was what they should have been doing all along, enforcing the laws we already have. As for the media, again not sexy, corporate crime is so three years ago, its just not sexy, America needs their MTV and their Desperate Houswives, no one gives a #### about people doing the right thing, or getting busted for not doing the right thing. As for the immigration problem in general, well, yeah, that's a lot to talk about, and I'm still hangin from Dallah Ballah Thursday's at the Red Lion.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHee hee. Fences. [View all] , Valguarnera, Fri 15-Dec-06 11:50 AM
Reply RE: Hee hee. Fences., Igsoeh, 15-Dec-06 05:00 PM #6
Reply RE: Hee hee. Fences., Linolaques, 16-Dec-06 12:48 AM, #7
Reply Hmm.., DurNominator, 15-Dec-06 01:08 PM, #2
Reply RE: Hmm.., Valguarnera, 15-Dec-06 01:13 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Hmm.., DurNominator, 15-Dec-06 02:42 PM, #4
          Reply So long as the punishment is a fine...., Tac, 15-Dec-06 04:34 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Hmm.., TheDude, 16-Dec-06 04:44 AM, #8
Reply Obviously because of the Liberal Media Bias (tm)., Tac, 15-Dec-06 12:22 PM, #1
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #849 Previous topic | Next topic