Subject: "No. Waste of Money." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #373
Show all folders

TacFri 15-Sep-06 08:38 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#388, "No. Waste of Money."

I don't actually *use* Windows, but from everything I've read, the only features that people actually wanted were dropped. All that remains is annoyances and a heft price tag. UAC appears to be broke in a serious fashion and not being "fixed". The DRM will be terrible. The one care stuff will probably suck, and it's likely that it will incite all sorts of anti-trust stuff from anti-virus vendors. The networking (they rewrote their entire tcp/ip stack) has been said that it will somehow break the internet (I've got nothing of substance here). Basically they took BSD code that had been working fine for years and rewrote it windows style... so it will probably be buggy. WGA and that stuff will be a requirement, so bill gates spyware = bad, and no you can't turn it off.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicUpcoming Windows Vista [View all] , wretchedmongrel, Thu 14-Sep-06 11:51 PM
Reply RE: Upcoming Windows Vista, Grurk Muouk, 16-Sep-06 04:42 PM, #5
Reply RE: Upcoming Windows Vista, Eskelian, 15-Sep-06 10:35 PM, #4
Reply RE: Upcoming Windows Vista, Isildur, 15-Sep-06 01:21 PM, #3
Reply Just say no to Trusted Computing, Valkenar, 15-Sep-06 10:49 AM, #2
Reply No. Waste of Money., Tac, 15-Sep-06 08:38 AM #1
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #373 Previous topic | Next topic