Subject: "Pretty much." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1086
Show all folders

GinGaFri 20-Apr-07 05:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1098, "Pretty much."

And we have nice exemptions if you're a smaller business so that its the larger ones that get bitten by it instead.

The thing I'd watch for is the giants that can afford tax evasion schemes. They're a bigger hole in the system than any number of individual business' and the ones that any law wants to catch. Since I'm still not certain on its application even after reading it twice (the tiering for the system of taxing in america boggles me, even after an hour talking to my dad about it) so I'd ask - does this sting medium sized companies more than large? The bottom and higher tiers usually are the focus, but in a competative market the higher ups want to really watch the middling business for competition just in case their position is threatened by killers like innovation or originality :p

As far as I can tell, this change looks like a step in the right direction. Taxing in the UK still isn't that brilliant but its alright. We have honest business like Harods that comply 100% because otherwise the government threatens them (poor Mohammed Al-fayed) and others that completely get away with dodging while mainting a british identity (rolls royce). I still laugh at how many 'british' business' operate large parts of their company in Mauritius. No, its not part of the UK anymore. Damn telephone companies lying their arses off.

Yhorian.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFairTax [View all] , Tac, Thu 19-Apr-07 09:24 AM
Reply RE: FairTax, Isildur, 29-Apr-07 05:07 PM, #17
Reply Has anyone tried this?, Valguarnera, 19-Apr-07 10:22 AM, #1
     Reply Their information goes into more detail but..., Tac, 19-Apr-07 10:43 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Their information goes into more detail but..., DurNominator, 19-Apr-07 01:25 PM, #4
     Reply Not quite., Tac, 19-Apr-07 02:27 PM, #5
     Reply I can already explain it now you've said the percentage, DurNominator, 21-Apr-07 01:23 AM, #13
          Reply I'm lazy and so are you, but..., Tac, 26-Apr-07 10:50 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Their information goes into more detail but..., Isildur, 19-Apr-07 08:25 PM, #8
          Reply RE: Their information goes into more detail but..., DurNominator, 21-Apr-07 03:28 AM, #14
               Reply RE: Their information goes into more detail but..., Isildur, 21-Apr-07 09:37 AM, #15
     Reply RE: Their information goes into more detail but..., Isildur, 19-Apr-07 08:11 PM, #7
     Reply Re: Battle tested income tax, Tac, 19-Apr-07 12:02 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Has anyone tried this?, Isildur, 19-Apr-07 08:08 PM, #6
     Reply Pretty much., GinGa, 20-Apr-07 05:58 PM #10
          Reply RE: Pretty much., Isildur, 20-Apr-07 06:35 PM, #11
     Reply As opposed to.., Razoul, 20-Apr-07 12:22 PM, #9
          Reply RE: As opposed to.., Isildur, 20-Apr-07 06:43 PM, #12
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1086 Previous topic | Next topic