Subject: "RE: (AUTO) Birota the Bloodthirsty Beast, Cunning Defender" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9509
Show all folders

Birota (Guest)Mon 07-Oct-02 08:48 AM

#9510, "RE: (AUTO) Birota the Bloodthirsty Beast, Cunning Defender"

There were a few reasons I stopped showing up. Two of them were real life concerns. I was being completely unproductive in real life, due to my monomaniacal tendencies (kudos to Dev for pointing that out a while back). I was also moving - I don't have internet access away from work yet. As for the in game reason, it became less fun. I probably got burnt out.

So I went cold turkey (again). This time it was more of a test of will, because instead of deleting I always had this character which I liked and could log in with at any time. I'm not going to say I'm quitting because I've quit and come back several times already. Instead I'll just say I'm taking another break.

Thanks to the immortals for making this a great game. Though I have several gripes about the mud, they're obviously not enough to outweigh the fun that comes from playing this game. Thanks for not denying me for my original name and allowing me to change it.

Since it's been a while and I have a notoriously bad memory for in game characters, I'll be limiting my goodbyes to whomever comes to mind.

Intronan (possibly Thror, if he loses his accent while wizi): I've gotta say you did a great job handling the cabal. You provided both criticism and encouragement when they were required. One example that sticks out in my mind was when I was extremely close to deleting. I felt like you read my mind when I was standing there at the shrine after dying and being looted. You said several words of encouragement to the cabal (which I felt were aimed mainly at me, but maybe I'm conceited) that made me completely change my mind about deleting.

Huraz: Good job, kiddo. Your assassins always kick ass and you did a good job leading.

Bryvac: I'm glad to hear that you got commander. You seemed to be the best for the job. My only regret is that I wasn't there for the rites. Although I didn't want to be leader (because I felt my interest in cf waning), I did want to participate in the rites. I had notoriously bad luck (or poor decisions) when fighting with you that generally caused me to die, but I didn't hold you accountable for that.

Nourn: I'd say it was the opposite with you. I had notoriously bad luck while leading you that generally caused you to die. Sorry!

Yror: After not giving me your rec after nearly 2 hours of interviewing me on the account that you had a bad gut feeling, I really disliked you. Over time I came to like you. Then when I read what you had to say about me in your farewell I disliked you more than ever. My apologies that I'm now placing my real life above carrion fields.

Valarath: You were a newbie, but you stuck with it. Keep it up. On second thought, quit cf now. It's not good for you.

I know there are other ragers who should come to mind but aren't right now. Don't take it personally. I can't remember disliking any of you except for Yror (for the reasons mentioned above).

Enemies: There was really only one enemy whose player I can remember now that I disliked and that was... *drumroll* Talsu! AKA Killer Birdie. You had an overinflated ego and a desire for others to acknowledge you as a good pk'er. I won't say you were horrible. You had your moments. But you certainly weren't anything more than mediocre.

Although I corrected people all the time when they called me "brother", it really didn't bother me and I found it completely understandable. After all, I am a guy and I didn't act very feminine in game. I tend to be a much better player when I'm solo, and so I picked legacies which would enhance that facet of my playing style. I was very satisfied with my legacies as they made group fighting much, much easier. Landslide was great. So great that I tended to overuse it. However, the great thing about that legacy is that even if you overuse it, y

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AUTO) Birota the Bloodthirsty Beast, Cunning Defender [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 04-Oct-02 12:31 AM
Reply RE: (AUTO) Birota the Bloodthirsty Beast, Cunning Defen..., Birota (Guest), 07-Oct-02 08:48 AM #4
Reply RE: (AUTO) Birota the Bloodthirsty Beast, Cunning Defen..., Yror (Guest), 07-Oct-02 06:24 PM, #5
Reply I'm sorry., Birota (Guest), 09-Oct-02 08:51 AM, #8
Reply ???, Sanchez (Guest), 07-Oct-02 07:13 PM, #6
Reply RE: (AUTO) Birota the Bloodthirsty Beast, Cunning Defen..., Bryvac, 08-Oct-02 10:47 AM, #7
Reply Geez, Valarath (Guest), 04-Oct-02 10:14 PM, #3
Reply Kudos, Uelveyye, 04-Oct-02 06:34 PM, #2
Reply Well done., Eskelian, 04-Oct-02 03:34 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9509 Previous topic | Next topic