Subject: "Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is deleted." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90863
Show all folders

Arlettien (Guest)Thu 04-Mar-10 09:23 PM

#90863, "Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is deleted."

This character started out so well and piddled out. Thanks to double exp and really good groupmates I managed to hero in 14 hours, even with taking some breaks to pk in the 30s.

I got to hero and prepped for most of my early life. Aura, shield, stoneskin, the works. I was doing pretty well. Got strange bracers, pk'd some more. Met Knacnar, got my #### rocked because I forgot to reduce(DOH!!!).

I got Maran, kept prepping...kept rocking house...dying some, but never much. Then I just sort of fizzled out around the 150 hour mark. I think in that way double-exp detracts, but if it hadn't happened I may not have played a character out until hero. So I have mixed feelings. I was beginning to lose interest(I assumed most people would role evil for 2*exp and wanted to help stem the tide.) As a result of losing interest I stopped gathering gold and preps and everything that a warrior who rolls solo needs to compete, especially when you roll solo into bad situations.

So a vicious cycle began to form of endless frustration where I would get angry at myself for dying so effing much. It got to the point that I didn't even take the time to buy fillets or reduces let alone harvest aura/shield. Leading to more deaths etc etc. It got so bad that I wasn't living up to the standard I had set for myself at the beginning of Arlettien's life and I wasn't enjoying logging in anymore, so I decided to let old Arlley go.

Anyway, on to goodbyes.

Adekar- You and I really got along and thank you so much for all the effort you put into Arlettien and keeping me interested. Part of the reason for this delete is because my character wasn't of the same caliber it was when I started out and that's not fair to everyone who I interact with.

Nnaeshuk- You and I jived pretty well too. You were a force as a younger squire and I hope you continue to do well as a Maran.

Tissen- Ehh. I liked you as a friend for the gifts and the help you were always willing to offer but there were a lot of things you did that made me shake my head and say to myself 'Holy BadFortRp Batman!'

Khendel- ####ing loved you and your willingness to throw down around town with me. No one else was willing to roll up into the fray like you were and I ####ing love you for that. You'd better get Maran soon.

Shudor- I'm listing you separately from Nexus, because you and I really got along and understood each other. I hope you learned some of what I had to teach you.

Knacnar- You tough ####er. I never prepped really hard against you like I should have but I have such a huge soft spot in my heart for villagers that I couldn't bring myself to overload against you.

Sidenote: One of the few times I did bring out every stop I had was when I was ####tily geared against a tough Zinsizin. I went all in with every single prep I know about and entwined her at the giant with what ended up being one hell of a fight.

Nexus- #### you all and your ganking. Light would be tipping with just me on it would seem like and you all would roll up five, six, seven man deep for the Orb. My build wasn't really crafted around fighting mages, or neutrals in general, and thus I died to you all a lot. Tack that onto your all continually raiding and the fact that I just hate the cabal in general and you get some serious anti-nexus Maran roleplay.

Arkellin- That last warrant was a joke. I use telnet so I cant log or use aliases or anything but I remember that fight. I DID NOT EVER initiate an attack against you in Hamsah Mu'tazz. I hit your groupmate, aimed at you when you autoassisted, and choked you. That's not breaking the law. That was some #### warrant you threw out on me. I came to Modan intending to throw down against you maybe get you to writhing and get a lucky five hit flurry(which is surprisingly possible with arials) and nail you. Too bad it didn't work.

Random Thoughts About Arlettien

I had the strange bracers six different times.

First dude of the fifth age to reach Purifier tier in the Fortress(Is that 50 pks? 75? I dont think I reach triple digits.)

Arctic Moon an hummingbird pendants were ever seen for the entirety of this character's life. I'm curious where those three things are.

This build(sword/whip Flow/soul) was great for fighting most people. Not shamans. I fought a lot of shamans. Bad times.

Melememelem's rots were hard to survive, even with an entire suit of +con gear and fairly high con(when she started rotting me on sight)

We almost two manned the ancient red dragon lair(Shudor and I). If there wasn't a repop, I think we could have done it. We definitely could have with the right third man.

That's all for now.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicArlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is deleted. [View all] , Arlettien (Guest), Thu 04-Mar-10 09:23 PM
Reply RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..., Adekar, 06-Mar-10 03:51 AM, #33
Reply Aww man!, Patakie (Guest), 05-Mar-10 02:20 AM, #27
Reply We had some good time!, Beer, 04-Mar-10 10:46 PM, #26
Reply Shoulda asked me I knew where all three items are lol d..., aurimililis (Guest), 04-Mar-10 08:46 PM, #25
Reply RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..., Khendel (Guest), 04-Mar-10 07:19 PM, #19
Reply Not sure what to say., Gruth (Guest), 04-Mar-10 06:31 PM, #17
Reply RE: Not sure what to say., Isildur, 04-Mar-10 07:20 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Not sure what to say., Gruth (Guest), 04-Mar-10 07:23 PM, #21
Reply We had some really good fights!, Ckath (Guest), 04-Mar-10 05:05 PM, #15
Reply Pity you go. I liked you. nt, Tissen (Guest), 04-Mar-10 03:35 PM, #12
Reply Happy me and Arleri got you that one time., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 04-Mar-10 03:16 PM, #9
Reply You're gunna get the good ole *fistshake*, Nnaeshuk (Guest), 04-Mar-10 02:57 PM, #6
Reply RE: You're gunna get the good ole *fistshake*, Isildur, 04-Mar-10 04:21 PM, #14
Reply RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..., Alondarin (Guest), 04-Mar-10 01:06 PM, #4
Reply RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..., Arkellin (Guest), 04-Mar-10 12:57 PM, #2
Reply RE: Arlettien Arlley, Marshall of the Fortress is delet..., Daevryn, 04-Mar-10 12:45 PM, #1
     Reply Well., Forsakenz (Guest), 04-Mar-10 01:04 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Well., Arkellin (Guest), 04-Mar-10 01:21 PM, #5
               Reply Completely disagree on the first point., Forsakenz (Guest), 04-Mar-10 03:04 PM, #7
                    Reply FWIW, Daevryn, 04-Mar-10 03:13 PM, #8
                    Reply Explain., Forsakenz (Guest), 04-Mar-10 03:29 PM, #11
                         Reply RE: Explain., Arkellin (Guest), 04-Mar-10 04:06 PM, #13
                    Reply Dude...., Minyar1 (Guest), 04-Mar-10 03:29 PM, #10
                    Reply You are absolutely right. It is usually policy that if ..., Lhydia, 04-Mar-10 05:13 PM, #16
                         Reply Or absolutely wrong. If you're on the defending side, i..., Ex-Provost (Guest), 04-Mar-10 06:36 PM, #18
                         Reply RE: Or absolutely wrong. If you're on the defending sid..., Isildur, 04-Mar-10 07:25 PM, #22
                              Reply Pretty sure he's also had at least one other leader in ..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 04-Mar-10 08:18 PM, #23
                         Reply Yep. I was Provost too as Yeitrai., Forsakenz (Guest), 04-Mar-10 08:36 PM, #24
                         Reply Let's be clear...so I understand., Minyar1 (Guest), 05-Mar-10 10:14 AM, #28
                         Reply Reply, Forsakenz (Guest), 05-Mar-10 10:31 AM, #29
                         Reply To be fair, Rayihn, 05-Mar-10 10:49 AM, #31
                         Reply RE: Let's be clear...so I understand., Rayihn, 05-Mar-10 10:47 AM, #30
                         Reply Laws, Aarn, 05-Mar-10 12:32 PM, #32
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90863 Previous topic | Next topic